Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes I down the valve cover and the engine is on perfect scars on the crank and cams. Then I push the whole cylinders and they dont moved but the compression on the 3 is 80 psi and 4 cylinder is 0. Next week I will down the head and send it for checking

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Today I looked in the cylinder with micro camera and I think the problem is with my piston. There is a little peaces from him. Left side is a little broken. When take out the head I'll send photos with the damages.

·
6,707 Posts
At least it's #4 to inspect with the cam cover off. It's a bitch to get that cover off. If all looks ok on top get a fiber optic camera down the hole. There could be a hole in the piston. Another trick is to put in a compression tester in there and hook it to an air compressor. Then get a harbor freight stethoscope to see where the are is escaping. Out the throttle bodies is a valve, out the exhaust is a valve, sound in the crankcase is a piston.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Okey. The result from the test with the compressor. I heard a sound from the exhaust and I smell the gasoline evaporation. The next is a sound from the oil cap when open it. So I think the piston and the valve are damaged. I hope weekend can down the engine and get out the head and see whats happend.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The moment if true boys. Holes in the piston because there is a curve valves. Can I change the piston if I open the oil container

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
The valve head is off, but the cylinders are there. I will just pull the cylinders and I can work on the piston. In the manual is shown like that.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Yer you can remove the cylinders which gives access to the pistons easy enough.
Metal fragments will have contaminated the lubrication system so they will need flushing out and the Oil Pump inspected for damage while your at it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
Hi all, after research for the problem it seem to be bad clearance or didn't make it never, two broken valves makes the holes in the piston. The repair is in progress. I ordered the gaskets, and send the valve head for repair. I'm waiting to come gaskets to assemble everything. In one, two weeks I'll be ready and new photos will be post.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts