Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. My bike sounds scary from the right side. I think it was the CCT and change it but the problem still exist. I heard it from the upper right side. What you think can be, valve camshaft, valves or crankshaft bearings. Thanks

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Check counter balancer & timing chain adjustment

·
Registered
306 Posts
She's misfiring like a Biatch from the sound of it.
Lets have some History leading up to cct replacement.

How many miles has the Bike done ?
Service history ? Last service when ?
Did it just suddenly start sounding like that and did you experience a loss of power at the same time ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I bought the bike at this condition. The owner told me that its 37000 km and is with new oil. The bike don't have power ,when i start it sound like that and don't want to work at low rpm without twist the throttle. Thats the history

·
6,763 Posts
If I had any noise from the right side I'd be pulling the clutch cover and closely inspecting the clutch basket. The stock basket is crap and they blow up. You don't need your leg blown off.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thaks. I will check the basket but i heard the sound come from upper side of the engine but I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I discounted the Clutch Basket issue which was upgraded by fitting some of the B Model 12R components for 2 reasons.
1) They usually make a nasty metal on metal scrapping noise and you can feel them dying if you place your hand on the cover with the Motor running.
2) The clutch issue won't cause a misfire.

Thought maybe the cct not fitted correctly but again this wouldn't cause a misfire.
If I had the Bike in it would get a comp & leak down test for starters after I identified which cylinder was not firing using the touch the down pipes method from cold.
I'd drop the Oil to see if there was any metal particles evident.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
A timing chain out of adjustment would make it misfire. Pull the valve cover.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
The owner told me that its 37000 km and is with new oil
Wait a fewking minute here!!! Shouldnt that sentence read "told me that its HAD its 37000km SERVICE & is with new oil" as in, its been to a STEALERSHIP for a tune up?!!????

OK, PULL the tank..... check for disconnected vacuum hoses, unplugged connecters, etc.... carbs may b fucked up, check if they are synch'ed right, the timing may be off as well.....go over the entire thing... were the valves adjusted by some Chumly on his 1st year apprenticeship? Find out where the PO took it too, find out what they did EXACTLY, BE NICE, and NEVER go to that place again.

Beers ago this happened to a Buddy of mine. after 1300 miles over 3 days of riding his new Harley wouldnt start after gassing it up, to the point, that we ended up getting a motel room right there & wait for the local dealership to open up. 3 beers and 1 joint later I found out by asking if he just had new aftermarket pipes installed on the bike before he picked it up. I asked him if they re-jetted the carbs, and when he said yes, I was walking out the room to his bike to check his vacuum petcock lines. Sure enough 1 had disconnected. Plugged it back in, bike started right up purring like a kitten.

ZX-11s will also run w/o a fuel pump, but poorly, so make sure its plugged in as well.

·
Registered
306 Posts
The trouble for the op is getting the PO to admit all but I suspect he's not getting the full story or he might never had purchased it.
More like the Bike was advertised with 37K with an oil change only (performed by the owner because he thought that was the cause of the issue) but got shot of it after the oil change had no effect.
Good thing with the 12R being injected is the Fuel pump must be plumbed properly for her to run.
Hoses are a good shout, Sometimes it's the little things that make a crap load of difference, If you leave the iap sensor disconnected she'll run like a bag of nails as will a loose/disconnected Vac line as you mentioned.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
The trouble for the op is getting the PO to admit all but I suspect he's not getting the full story or he might never had purchased it.
More like the Bike was advertised with 37K with an oil change only (performed by the owner because he thought that was the cause of the issue) but got shot of it after the oil change had no effect.
Good thing with the 12R being injected is the Fuel pump must be plumbed properly for her to run.
Hoses are a good shout, Sometimes it's the little things that make a crap load of difference, If you leave the iap sensor disconnected she'll run like a bag of nails as will a loose/disconnected Vac line as you mentioned.
Ive been living in the carb world too long LMAO!!!

Reactions: KevA

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi all and happy new year. I start working on the bike and found that ot the 4 cylinder spark is bumped. What can be this. Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe the piston hit the spark and curve it. After that I check the compression and there is nothing in number 4 cylinder

·
Registered
306 Posts
If you have the correct Spark plugs fitted then it's physically impossible for the piston to touch the spark plug unless the Con Rod let go at the Big or Little end which is extremely unlikely.
Are you saying Number 4 Cylinder has NO compression ? I find that odd as you should get something.
Post a Picture of the Spark plug.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yes number 4 cylinder don't have compression. The sparks I get out of the bike are NJK CR9EKPA which are the right sparks. I push the piston and it is stable, didn't go down. If it was a problem with crank bearing it will go down. Maybe the problem is with valves or spring on valves.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I thought she sounded down on a Cylinder and no comps would tick that Box 😕
Cam cover off and inspect me thinks..

1 - 20 of 47 Posts