1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Glasgow Scotland
Just got my 3rd 12r.
Iv took part a few years ago in top speed events.2mile long air strip
Planning to take part again next season which starts around March looking for advice.
My bike is a 2000 standard.
Supposed to top out around 180-+190 mph .
I dont have any cash for turbos ect. So what's best route to take to try and get nearer that magical 200mph.
filters. sprocket . Ect
I know I won't gain much but every mph counts. Cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,449 Posts
Put yourself on a diet... fastest way to drop pounds, then work on the bike.

Cheap option is a smaller sprocket on the rear

Reactions: 12r 163.1

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,786 Posts
Need to send the ecu off for flashing/hacking to derestrict it

·
6,943 Posts
2000 is not restricted, but not optimal tuning once you add a full exhaust.

• You will need to go down one or two teeth on the rear sprocket
  • Get rid of those damm heavy wheels
  • Swap in an intake cam to the exhaust side
  • Get a billet clutch basket so you don't blow up the stock one
  • Swap on a full exhaust and remove the smog, then dyno tune. I don't know if anyone that has flashed a 2000 ZX12R.

I lost over 60 lbs on my 04 ZX12R by swapping to a 2011 ZX10R front end, Muzzy exhaust and Marchesini wheels front and rear. It handles better, is much faster and brakes better. I don't have a desire to go 200 mph on a bike, so I didn't change my gearing.

Are you trying to trap at 200 mph, or maintain 200 mph like they do in Ohio Mile or Texas Mile? I don't think a naturally aspirated ZX12R will maintain 200 MPH, but may break it for a short but with mods similar to above.

·
Registered
1993 Zx-7 L Model, 2006 ZX-10R
3,786 Posts
2000 is not restricted, but not optimal tuning once you add a full exhaust.

• You will need to go down one or two teeth on the rear sprocket
  • Get rid of those damm heavy wheels
  • Swap in an intake cam to the exhaust side
  • Get a billet clutch basket so you don't blow up the stock one
  • Swap on a full exhaust and remove the smog, then dyno tune. I don't know if anyone that has flashed a 2000 ZX12R.

I lost over 60 lbs on my 04 ZX12R by swapping to a 2011 ZX10R front end, Muzzy exhaust and Marchesini wheels front and rear. It handles better, is much faster and brakes better. I don't have a desire to go 200 mph on a bike, so I didn't change my gearing.

Are you trying to trap at 200 mph, or maintain 200 mph like they do in Ohio Mile or Texas Mile? I don't think a naturally aspirated ZX12R will maintain 200 MPH, but may break it for a short but with mods similar to above.
I thought the 1st gen and 1st year of 12s were restricted. Did they skate by the "gentleman's" agreement for restricting it to 186mph (300 km/h)?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts