Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I took my rear wheel of yesterday to get the tyre replace (as I have done many times before), only struggling to now get it back on due to there not being enough clearance between the L & R swing arm mounting points!!! The spacers are inserted correctly and the brake calliper mount/spacer are also installed in the same way I have always successfully installed, but I seem to be about 5mm too small once everything is offered up correctly. Hell, its like the rear swing arm has closed in by 5mm since its been sitting on a paddock stand for the past few days!!! Of course, because the ZX12 has got reinforced swing arm sections, it don't want to budge even with a crowbar LOL. Any divine inspiration would be appreciated.

Many thanks

·
Registered
50 Posts
The spacer in the picture looks like the one that goes between the hub and sprocket carrier. Looks up a parts diagram from Kawasaki.com, Partzilla or the like. They can be helpful and sometimes they list spacer thicknesses.

Later, Doug

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your feedback, although that is the same spacer in the same location, which has been on the bike since I purchased 2 years ago. So puzzled why it won't go on again, if you get my meaning. However, I will investigate to see if it is the wrong spacer that a previous own has installed!!!! Thanks for again guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts