Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
6,621 Posts
A fully modded zx 14 destroys a Zx12 completely. In every way possible. Stock to stock they're compareable at wide open throttle.
You need to talk to Rob Muzzy. He hated the 14. Kawasaki ruined the head. He made as much power on a modded 12 as any 14.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You need to talk to Rob Muzzy. He hated the 14. Kawasaki ruined the head. He made as much power on a modded 12 as any 14.
So a modded ZX-12R will make the same power as a similarly modded ZX-14R, which has 20% more displacement? I find that very hard to believe.

·
6,621 Posts
I didn't say same displacement. Muzzy was able to get nearly as much displacement on the 12 as he was on a bored 14. The two 12 engines I got from Muzzy were huge. When displacement was close, the 12 prevailed. Plus, the 12 had better aerodynamics. It was touted that the 12 was the first bike Kawasaki ran in a wind tunnel, although I could never get confirmation.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I didn't say same displacement. Muzzy was able to get nearly as much displacement on the 12 as he was on a bored 14. The two 12 engines I got from Muzzy were huge. When displacement was close, the 12 prevailed. Plus, the 12 had better aerodynamics. It was touted that the 12 was the first bike Kawasaki ran in a wind tunnel, although I could never get confirmation.
Gotcha. Didn't realize you were talking similar displacement.

101 - 112 of 112 Posts