Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:sperm I want advice on if its really beneficial to spend some $1200 for Ohlins rear shock + front springs to switch ZX12 stock stuff. Will it really become better in cornering stability and ability ? Big or small improvement ? No track use, just sport road riding Is real STIMULATING behavior possible ?. And how does WHITE POWER stuff relates in QoS related to Ohlins's ? Any other recommendations out there ?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Friend put teh Ohlins rear shock on his 12 along with having his forks rebuilt by race tech. He says it made a huge improvement in "sport" riding on the street.

·
Registered
304 Posts
This is an area where I have yet to go. I would love to upgrade my suspension but it seems to be pricey.
Any others have opinions on susp. upgrades, pics etc.,????????????

·
Registered
4 Posts
I put Hyperpro front springs in mine and picked up a used but nearly new Penske rear shock cheap on eBay.

It's a totally different bike. Before, it was poor when leaned over hard and I didn't feel it would give me the feedback I wanted. Now, it's fantastic.

A couple of friends have tried it after jumping off GSX-Rs and R1s and they've been amazed how nimble the 12 feels even when they've just stepped off a race rep.

·
Registered
39 Posts
don't waist your money dude just have a expert set up your suspension preload, sag, etc. for you weight and thats all you should need

·
Registered
4 Posts
don't waist your money dude just have a expert set up your suspension preload, sag, etc. for you weight and thats all you should need
I set my factory shock up as well as it could, but they're notoriously limited. It was improved, but not enough. I rarelyt bother with aftermarket stuff like that and prefer to adjust, but the ZX12's standard rear shock just isn't very good. A far bigger improvement was made swapping from 200 to 190 rear tyre.

The Penske though really did transform the bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts