Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have a 1991 Zx11 and it sat for about 3 years. When I finally pulled it out of the garage I had a little trouble with its performance. First I cleaned out the carbs and found that the jet pins were all corroted so I went and got a set of good used carbs. Had them put on and re calibrated. Now when I ride the bike still sounds like trash. I am looking for any help that anyone might be able to supply. I love to ride but unfort. I lost a whole season. I need to get this bike to work good because I want to sell it so I can get the new zx14. can anyone help please? Also I am looking for a service manual that I might be able to copy or even download. I am a automotive mechanic so I know my way around an engine but unfort. I can't figure it out w/out some direction. Then I also have to reset the valves, and I no. for that. SO if anyone can please HELP!!!!!!:

·
Registered
161 Posts
As far as the "sounding like trash" it's hard to say without actually hearing the bike. But a couple things to check would be, the air filter (critters love to build theur homes in that box) and the ram air tubes (they come disconnected preventing smooth air to the carbs. Also, make sure that you are running a good quality gas in the bike, the cheap 87 octane at the local Speedway aint gonna cut it, I run Moble premium in mine. You may also want to replace the plugs. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I Replace The Air Filter And Carb Tubes. The Plugs Are New. I Think That It Could Either Be The Choke Is Stuck In The Open Or That The #1 Valve Is Sticky. Cause When The Bike Gets Going It Moves But It Is Get The Accel. To Work Properly. But Htanks For The Help. I Like Th\is Forum It Is Filled With Frendly And Helpfull People. Thanks Again.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Yeah, sorry not paying attention as the manual is for '93 on.

It should be worth downloading for most info though if you have broadband.

You can always ask the guy that does the downloads if he can locate the right year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Manual I Down Load Work Just Fine. It Is For A 93 And Up But It Is Pretty Simelar To Mine. The Most Import Was Specs And Torch And It Is Always Nice To Have A Refrence Close At Hand Thak You For The Help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts