Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

$300 - £ 160 later its done , needs paint to finish , red or black wheels ?:headscratch
oh .. just bought zx9r usd front forks .. will update soon .......

·
Registered
65 Posts
Interesting - so what is the step by step process to do this upgrade? Got any before, during, after pics? Took a look at the earlier posts on this but little detail. Though I did see the comment about swingarm being cut and welded!!!!!

Oh, and was it worth it. What differences are you noticing?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this was purely a cosmetic upgrade , handling feels much the same as before , could do with shorter dog bones to create more clearance ?
this was more time comsuming than i thought , it was cut & refit , recut , weld etc...
main problem was cutting the hole in the right place as zx12r shock & linkage are offset , not in the center like zx11 .. done the whole job apart from ally welding myself , just a bit of mechanical knowledge & limited money ..
was it worth it ? ... i think so

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, just want to do the same, could you post some pics?, did u use the rimms from zx12r aswell?

Cheers

Pedro

this was purely a cosmetic upgrade , handling feels much the same as before , could do with shorter dog bones to create more clearance ?
this was more time comsuming than i thought , it was cut & refit , recut , weld etc...
main problem was cutting the hole in the right place as zx12r shock & linkage are offset , not in the center like zx11 .. done the whole job apart from ally welding myself , just a bit of mechanical knowledge & limited money ..
was it worth it ? ... i think so

1 - 4 of 4 Posts