Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

zx11 exhaust

23K views 40 replies 20 participants last post by  Claude 
#1 ·
hi guys
will any aftermarket 4 into1 exhaust for a zzr1200 fit a zx11 d model
cheers

#4 ·
Well, while we're on the topic of exhausts. I happen to be a fan of 4 into 2's. I know that makes me strange, I know 4 into 1's run better but I don't like the looks and I never liked the sound either. That said, what aftermarket alternatives do I have? All I can think of is slip on's, anyone have any reccomendations?

#5 ·
I also prefer the look of two mufflers, at least on a ZX-11.
There is no slip-on available for the ZX11, because OEM exhaust have LH muffler welded to the collector. If you want after-market two mufflers system, there are two possibilities:
1- Get such a system made for ZX11 (ZZR1100) from Europe. It's only in Europe that they are available
2- Get an OEM collector from ZZ-R1200 and buy two slip-ons made for ZZ-R1200. Those are a perfect fit on any ZX-11.

#6 ·
hey claude, looks like you are the zx-11 house expert, so if you do not mind...please give me a hand. i purchased a 1993 zx-11d last summer and would like to upgrade the exhaust, but i want to keep the dual exhaust. i saw this ad on ebay for zz-r1200 exhaust header (http://www.ebay.com/itm/160948108025?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649), can you please let me know if this will bolt-on to my zx-11d. much appreaciate the help.
dennis

#7 · (Edited)
i purchased a 1993 zx-11d last summer and would like to upgrade the exhaust,
but i want to keep the dual exhaust.
i saw this ad on ebay for zz-r1200 exhaust header
(http://www.ebay.com/itm/160948108025?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649),
can you please let me know if this will bolt-on to my zx-11d.
much appreaciate the help.
dennis
Dennis,
Good Job on Searching before posting your query..
This thread is from 2007.

Your question was already answered above.. read again.
Get an OEM collector from ZZ-R1200 and buy two slip-ons made for ZZ-R1200.
Those are a perfect fit on any ZX-11.
Your link on eBay is for a ZZR1200 OEM headers..
What can you deduce from these two facts? :thumbup

Cheers!

#14 ·
IMHO, V&H are crap...... Ive owned two over my riding years and on BOTH, header welds CRACKED.......

NEVER had a Kerker header crack, EVER!!

#16 ·
Any ZX11 exhaust will fit any ZX11. However, I do not recommend installing ZX11C exhaust on a ZX11D (but no problem doing the opposite).

Your 2001 being a D model (1993 to 2001). I suggest you use the exhaust off a ZX11D.

Another option is to use OEM exhaust off a 2002-2005 ZZR1200. Two canisters, all made of stainless and with two factory slip-ons. You could replace them later if you want more sound.

#17 · (Edited)
The C model exhaust will fit the D model just fine. Ive run one for about two years now, until I found a replacement right side cannister from a D. :rolleyes

However, due to its slightly lower horsepower rating the C model mufflers are of a smaller diameter and will slightly change back pressure and overall power out put of the D. If you want/need a stock exhaust, they will work, especially since for some reason, used stock exhausts in clean shape for the D series are extremely difficult to come by.

My biggest decision maker? $150 for a stock C Model exhaust or over $700 for the ZZR12 arrangement.

Still saving up for the latter.

I helped them out a bit by pounding out the internal center muffler tube to lessen back pressure a bit and increase power as well. Still, it was NOT quite the same as the D model exhausts, but they fit, looked and worked just fine. Still got me to 150 last summer......

#19 ·
Well Claude, you COULD have written.... They will fit no problem, However, I do not......... :smile

#23 ·
damizz6, I have a stock setup from a zx11(not sure year picked up from salvage yard...I will try to lookup the part number to verify if it is a C or D model setup) header with muffler welded on oneside and the other pipe/muffler(stock pieces, even have the exhaust clamps and nuts) not pretty but functional. I was able to pick up a parts bike with a 4-1 setup, so I never used the stock setup, will sell for $100 plus shipping and paypal fee. I even have a stock header that someone had cut the factory muffler off and fabricated pipe in order to bolt on slip mufflers. I am in Maryland ship from zip 21144.

#24 ·
I have a ZZR12 SS Header for sale

I have a ZZR12 header in excellent shape bought for 70.00 will sell for 70.00 plus shipping. I picked up a Muzzy left side exit in excellent shape so I'm going that way.

#28 ·
Get a Quick Rate

Help

This is what I got, pretty expensive.

FedEx Pak

Select your desired rate below.

Tue, Oct 13

$385.01

by 5:00 PM

FedEx International Priority®

Fri, Oct 16

$351.83

by 6:00 PM

FedEx International Economy®

Get another quick rate

Get an advanced rate

Please note: The rate above may be different than the actual charges for your shipment. Click here for more information.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.