Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to convert my 96 zx11 into a drag bike, search the web and there is not to many info, where would be a good place to start and what mods?

·
Premium Member
13,041 Posts
Carb jet kit, exhaust, quickshifter and swingarm extensions. Everything beyond that starts getting really expensive. You might want to search the oil pan modification, and keep the oil level all the way to the top of the sight glass to help preclude #3 rod bearing failure.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
i would go with a 1109, ported head with cams, 39mm flatslides. bypass oil pan. get the bike as low as you can. 4 or 6 over arm. air shifter.thats a good start. i have 1109 pistons, oil pan and i can dig up a head and cams to part with. this is my last one.

·
Quinton Phuckin Tarantino
18,914 Posts
I always thought it would be kind of neat to start off stock and go one mod at a time. Go to the track and see what those mods netted, it would be time consuming but really revealing. I would start really cheap and simple and get more elaborate as I went. The 11 is a fast bike box stock so chassis mods would be the first. Start with simple suspension tweaks then move to extend swing arm and lowering then when I got the chassis dialed in start with the fun stuff, engine mods, big carbs, compression etc.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
you can get front lowering blocks from schnitz racing. you can get 1 or 2 ". they are internal so you have to take forks apart to install them. for the rear you need lowering links. i made my own.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Lowering Links

I don't know if they still make them but I got adjustable lowering links from Super Bike Mike in South Florida. Easy to install with lots of adjustment and the bike really looks good.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't know if they still make them but I got adjustable lowering links from Super Bike Mike in South Florida. Easy to install with lots of adjustment and the bike really looks good.
Thanks for the response, but I'm thinking of selling it soon as I get the carbs sync. I am tired of dealing with the carbs, I am near ft Bragg and I see your from nc, if you know anybody want a 96 zx11 let me know please, thanks again for the lowering info.

·
Registered
17 Posts
carbs are super simple. Fuel injection is more accurate and stable across the rpm band, but if you want to do anything as far as mapping goes, it gets expensive. carbs you just change the jets, and needle shim and sync. Btw, were abouts of ft bragg are you. I used to be stationed there.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
carbs are super simple. Fuel injection is more accurate and stable across the rpm band, but if you want to do anything as far as mapping goes, it gets expensive. carbs you just change the jets, and needle shim and sync. Btw, were abouts of ft bragg are you. I used to be stationed there.
Fayetteville. I see you are field artillery, I use to be in 3/321.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts