Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got ZX11C forks 11D wheels and ZX10 frame with swingarm and hopefully I can make some of this work. Already found out the C speedometer drive doesn't fit the D wheel.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Already found out the C speedometer drive doesn't fit the D wheel.
Just a FYI….The C model uses a 20mm axle. The D uses a 25mm. I tried making an aftermarket D wheel fit my C model forks on one of my project bikes but it was way too big of an undertaking to be worth it. The D speedo drive is longer IIRC and needs shaved down and even then there were issues with the drive tang (for lack of a better term) fitting the hub.

Honestly your best bet is a Zx11C wheel or possibly a Gpz1100E wheel may fit as well but I’m not sure.

Later, Doug

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a FYI….The C model uses a 20mm axle. The D uses a 25mm. I tried making an aftermarket D wheel fit my C model forks on one of my project bikes but it was way too big of an undertaking to be worth it. The D speedo drive is longer IIRC and needs shaved down and even then there were issues with the drive tang (for lack of a better term) fitting the hub.

Honestly your best bet is a Zx11C wheel or possibly a Gpz1100E wheel may fit as well but I’m not sure.

Later, Doug
Thanks, bummer.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Since the wheels I have for a ZX11D match guess I'll sell this ZX11C front end. Too bad, it's in great shape. Seals aren't blown, no rust, bearings still greased

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
So a ZX-11D front fender may be needed after all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts