Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

241 - 254 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Guys let me tell you it all don't mean crap unless you go the time slip and hat to go along with it. Hitting 190 is not easy and hitting 200 is even that much harder! I'm pushing 206 at the rear tire on my ZX14 and my best this year was 203.47 at the Loring Maine Event.....and I will tell you its sick fast! :crazyloco

As for the guys that say, oh yeah I hit that on the high way passing my buddy....:rotflmao

·
Registered
3 Posts
My speedo only goes to 299 but it was still going. I wind it out all the time here in Alberta lots of straight road. No big deal but I just went 1 down 2 up in the back so not as fast top speed but worth it goes way faster bottom end now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Old thread I know, but I'll throw my experience in here to. Thanks to an abundance of long straight roads around here, I have had my 2007 ZX10R (completely stock) reading 299kph (~187mph) on the speedometer a few times.
It felt like - can't say for sure at that speed - but it felt like it went just a couple kph higher after the gauge stopped. That would jive with what most guys on here have said about reading 189mph.
However, as has been said repeatedly, there's no way I was ACTUALLY going that fast. Sure it feels like your face is gonna rip off regardless, but I'm sure I was in reality going at least 20-30kph less.
I really hope someone will post some official results from a legit drag strip with accurate equipment.

Yay my first response on this forum!! :D

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Nope. Don't plan to either lol. I buried the needle on my ZX12 @ 190mph TWICE with stock gearing - only thing stock on that bike. I never want to go that fast again, ever. I keep it around 120mph now when I'm feeling froggy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I've got a 07 zx10r and balls out wide open fastest I've ever been GPS and highway patrol radar clocked was 184 yes there's still more than a lot of pull left but apparent goin any faster on a stock ZX10R period mines stretched 6" and lowered 2 w a pc3 I've tried many times and that's the fastest I've ever been able to fly
And as for the pussies talkin about oh 130 scares the he'll out of me and makes me wanna piss myself man let me tell you one thing go find your balls ok you didn't invest in this kind of super sport bike to pussy foot around on they are built and ment for speed period end of story stop crying pop the tilt out your mouth and peg that bitch damn if it scared go to church pray for a set of balls and sell your bike while you wait for them to arrive in the mail

241 - 254 of 254 Posts