Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU HAVE GONE TO THE LIMIT IN YOUR ZX10R? WHAT WAS THE TOP SPEED YOU REACHED? JUST CURIOUS.... IM STILL BREAKING MINE IN SO IM JUST THINKING AHEAD.... AHHH ONE DAY WHEN MY 10 HAS 1000 MILES ON IT I CAN OPEN HER UP AND WAVE BYE BYE TO MY FRIENDS IN THERE R1 AND K7'S... ONE DAY :crazyloco STILL HAVE 246 MILES TO GO....

·
Registered
996 Posts
Well if you want more horsepower talk to spiffy about caining it... maybe its not too late. As for top speed, the 10R has an eletronic limiter at 186 mph on it... i believe mechanically it can do 193, w/o wind resistance and rider weight factored in... or something like that... but if you want to do more then 186 your going to need to get a power commander to bypass the limiter.

·
Registered
443 Posts
... but if you want to do more then 186 your going to need to get a power commander to bypass the limiter.
A power commander by itself won't bypass the limiter. I researched this awhile ago and I discovered three basic ways to bypass the limiter on a 2006-07 ZX10R:

1. Purchase a racing ECU from Kawasaki which does not have any restrictions programmed into it at all. Pricey though and it's only for track use. :rolleyes :evil

2. Purchase an Ignition Module that attaches as an auxiallary unit to the Power Commander USB. I heard that this requires major fine tuning on the module.

3. "Trick" the ECU by using "Speedo Healer." Basically, the limiter is triggered once the speed is detected to be at 186 mph. By re-calibrating the speedo healer so that it reads below the actual speed, then the ECU thinks the bike is not at 186 yet eventhough in reality it is and maybe over some. Of course this will make you're speedo reading inaccurate.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Pciii Only Removes The Limit On The Gsxr 1000 And The Busas From What I Know Reading On There Web Site. But I Do Not Want More Power The Question Is How Fast Have You Guys Gone On It? 186? Or What?

·
Registered
437 Posts
All "modern" 1000cc bikes have an 186mph limit on them :) It was a gentlemans agreement between the big 4 :)

How much faster do you want to go? i could help? if you fly me out to the salt flats :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ohh Come On What Did You Guys Buy Them For Then??? To Scare The Shit Out Of You Nawww??? Lol Once I Break Mine In I Will Post Some Pictures Of It Red Lined... Thats A Promise

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spliffyaid Your Absolutely Right... I Just Want To Know How Fast It Can Go... If Its Not Hard To Go Fast Then Why Are Some Guys Whining About Going Over 130???

·
Registered
996 Posts
I've done 155 running from police. Scared the hell outta me, but in retrospect it was fun. 120 is alright, 140 is when i start to get scared on public roads.... Highways i tend not to speed; too many cops.

·
Registered
1 Posts
:eek:hno guys....my o4 10R has a tre fitted,velocity stacks,BMCair filter,power commander and a map that is pretty much as linear as you can get,and on the autobann last year I passed my mate on his 06 blade readin 193mph:scared had to slow down for the lorry pullin out, 8 miles up the road:nana:nana:nana

·
Registered
46 Posts
I think 200mph is doable with the right mods.
I've been at 175 a few times with plenty of pull left, but I always run out of road. HArd to really strecth it out around LA!.

·
Registered
188 Posts
162 is my best, on I70 West in Ohio, flat, smooth, and scared the fuck out of me, there is no reason to play with the speed limiter on this bike, if you want to die, I can think of less painful ways of doing that, at 180+ you are going to have major wind resistance issues my friend, buy a funny car or top fuel dragster if you want to go really fast

·
Registered
526 Posts
I've hit an INDICATED 189mph on it, but I think maybe around 175mph or so give or take a few miles due to the factory offset.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I put my bike on a rearstand today and topped out 6th gear... the speedo read 189 about 3k before hitting the redline...

1 - 20 of 254 Posts