Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyone here in the community, that has had the opportunity to ride all the generations of the 10r? (Gen1 04-05, Gen2 06-07, Gen 3 08-09, Gen 4 10-present)

If so what are your honest thoughts on each, in comparison with one another? Handling, Speed, stability, ground clearance?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
gen 4 is obviously the best.
jk.
I know some people think the gen 4 is ugly, but it is probably the best performer. The gen 1 is the best looking I think and gen 2 is the worst looking; dual undertails? No thanks.
Gen 3 is ok looking.
I know the gen 1 is supposed to nicknamed the Widowmaker because of the short wheelbase and lack of steering damper. If you are looking to buy used, I'd look for a low mileage gen 1 or gen 3. If you want new, gen 3 leftovers are going for good deals right now, but the gen 4 .........its hard to explain how awesome this bike is.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Im the complete opposite, i think the Gen 1's are ugly, gen 3's are OK... the gen 2 is what I have and love it, wider, better handling, better on the highway, super comfy.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
Im the complete opposite, i think the Gen 1's are ugly, gen 3's are OK... the gen 2 is what I have and love it, wider, better handling, better on the highway, super comfy.
I actually like em all. Wouldn't mind having one of each.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Im witchU!!!

rode a gen 1 at the track, liked it....owned a gen 3 for 2yrs great bike.....currently own a gen 2, best bike I ever owned which includes a lot of exotics costing 20k+. havnt had the opportunity to ride a gen 4 but just love mine....not the money....I sold my 07' MV Augusta to get this bike, and with mods I easily have 12' $$$$ in to it.....just love the damn thing so much!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Fat= more forgiving ( not razor sharp turning ) more stable, more wind blocking ( aerodynamics ) overall comfy ride for longer trips... if I wanted a track bike all gen 3, if i want a day to day rider, twisty bike, back road slammin whore, Gen 2.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Ive ridden all but Gen4

1st Gen: Wheel base and trail super short, likes to wheelie, twitchy while cornering, closest 4 stroke bike to have a powerband similar to a 2 stroke. NEEDS a steering damper.

2nd Gen: Really smooth midrange, feels heaviest, great handling feels really planted, steering damper sucks

3rd Gen: Super peaky powerband, twitchy while cornering, steering damper sucks, front stays a little more planted that previous 2 gens.

All the pros and cons about each bike are easily managed.

1st Gen: Steering damper fixes all the problems(as long as you like insane feeling power), but who says thats a problem.

2nd Gen: DanKyle steering damper revalve, shim the rear shock/drop tripples thru forks about 10mm

3rd Gen: DanKyle steering damper revalve, +2 rear or -1 front sprocket makes perfect for street or track.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts