Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

101 - 105 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I know it's been 11 years, but does anybody have a current link or pics of the bike and engine change process from a guy in the Virgin Islands who put an 07 ZX10R engine in a 1990 ZX7? The link in the 2008 post doesn't lead to the correct website now. The 2008 post indicated that there were lots of pics showing the process and needed mods. I want to do the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I understand what your saying, but the zx7 chassis is much stronger than the zx10 chassis- especially mine- thats why the zx10 has never been competitive, because no one can really ride the bike well enough to be competitive- same power as the gsxr 1000, but not very rideable-with the 7 chassis, and really good suspension components- it makes for a really nice package-if you have ever built a zx7 motor, you would undestand that the bang for the buck is not there, and there is no reliability, once your crack a 7 motor- might last a day,week,month- but it is going to pop if you ride it. Whereas I pretty much defy the average rider to pop a zx10 motor on the street, or on a track day- it happens, but usually because of crash damage.
I'm pretty sure the frame is the same as on the superbike. Ofc with the exceptions of the suspension and front fork. The swingarm is also strengthened.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tbh it a hassle but I did it so it is possible. I have pictures I can post if u like. The mounts were a bitch and I modified my tank because I couldn’t find one to fit . So it is fuel injectored and all so if the say it can’t be done then I guess I have the first ever made zx7/Zx10 ever and it’s my daily driver . I also had to modify my air box to fix but other then that I did all myself

101 - 105 of 105 Posts