61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
This bike should be raced in the motogp races :evil

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
As great as a bike that it is. It would get eaten alive in a motogp race. Those things are pushing 250hp with traction control. haha

Maybe if it had traction control, head work, aftermarket cams and pistons and all the other fun things that they get for a zx10r it could stick with the guys in superbike.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
As great as a bike that it is. It would get eaten alive in a motogp race. Those things are pushing 250hp with traction control. haha

Maybe if it had traction control, head work, aftermarket cams and pistons and all the other fun things that they get for a zx10r it could stick with the guys in superbike.
well, It is a zx10 motor so... why not eventually stick some cams, pistons, close gear ratio and what not to the bike?? That thing is Badass:crazyloco

·
Registered
3,140 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
My ZX7R Powered by ZX10R 2007
See, to me, that doesn't look like the engine is too far forward. that's the same angle the zx10r engine is at in the zx10r.

And you didn't modify the frame at all did you?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I'm not sure I agree with the guy who posted here a month ago saying that you needed to cut the frame to do it right.

check out this picture of a naked zx7r:

Now the zx7r with a zx10r engine:

The zx10r has a stacked transmission so the engine is a lot more compact in the backside. so it's shorter. However, the lean on the zx10r is greater, so the head falls right where the zx7r head falls between the frame spars and the oil pan is level.

If anything, that would put LESS weight on the front end than a stock zx7r motor.

·
Registered
51 Posts
See, to me, that doesn't look like the engine is too far forward. that's the same angle the zx10r engine is at in the zx10r.

And you didn't modify the frame at all did you?
If I mount it with the same slope as the ZX10R for not changing the level

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm not sure I agree with the guy who posted here a month ago saying that you needed to cut the frame to do it right.

check out this picture of a naked zx7r:

Now the zx7r with a zx10r engine:

The zx10r has a stacked transmission so the engine is a lot more compact in the backside. so it's shorter. However, the lean on the zx10r is greater, so the head falls right where the zx7r head falls between the frame spars and the oil pan is level.

If anything, that would put LESS weight on the front end than a stock zx7r motor.
I guess less weight charged ahead as you say, will have to see how it behaves then

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
It looks great! I'm guessing it will handle even better because the weight is more towards the center of the bike.

There were some rumors about people who did bad jobs of putting larger engines in, and ended up with way too much weight too far forward. I'm just saying that it doesn't seem that you will have the problem.

·
Registered
51 Posts
It looks great! I'm guessing it will handle even better because the weight is more towards the center of the bike.

There were some rumors about people who did bad jobs of putting larger engines in, and ended up with way too much weight too far forward. I'm just saying that it doesn't seem that you will have the problem.
I hope to have no problems in that regard but I think not, as you say the engine is more towards the center of the bike
A greeting

·
Registered
449 Posts
Got the dimensions of a 1999 zx9r valve cover.

15.75" wide. 7 inches tall on the cam chain side. and 5 7/8" tall on the other side.
Thanks. I"m wondering what the dimensions of valve cover of the zx7r are. If someone has their tank off, it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Your sprocket does look a little out of place though.
I agree. I hope you don't run into clearance issues with the chain and the lower part of the swingarm.
Indeed in this photo the sprocket is not in place, here was checking the available space below the fuel tank , at this point the pinion is located below.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Indeed in this photo the sprocket is not in place, here was checking the available space below the fuel tank , at this point the pinion is located below.
It looks like the engine can go even farther up than it needs to. Do you have any pictures with the engine in the correct position?

61 - 80 of 105 Posts