Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a hell of a time breaking the nut loose. I spent 3 hours trying to get it of. I ended up taking the whole bike to work and using the work compressor at 150+ psi on an ingersol air gun. It came off in 2 seconds while the bike was in neutral and not even holding the rear brake on! I can't believe that it came of so easily with more air power. I had a small pancake compressor and an air gun at home and no dice. I had my girlfriend holding the brake and we were both on the bike and it would not break loose. My hands are literally bruised from trying to bust it loose. I tried heat and finally had to used a powerful impact gun.
Here is the nut after 3hrs of abuse!

:mfclap

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
sounds like your impact wasnt rated to a high enough torque. dont worry i had the same problem and i bought a different impact gun with another 100 ft/lb rating(250 ft/lb vs 350 ft/lb...)

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
it does look like the 3 hours of hammering took a toll on the nut... you might want to replace it

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the nut is haggard and my old lady was like is it fixed? And i told her no F'n way im putting that nut back on it! I was like did you see how bad it was. If it was stuck like this before imagine if it is rounded off and stuck! It ain't going anywhere until the new nut and washer comes in Wednesday. I will just ride the dual sport.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Get the IR 2131 TI impact gun. It is the most powerful gun made in it's class I think. 1/2" gives 600ft/lb reverse @90PSI if I recall correctly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts