Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I have a really wierd problem with my Kawasaki zx10r. The problem is that sometimes the main fuse 30a dies and sometimes it only runs on 3 cylinders. This can happen when im on the track in full speed.
If the fuse dies I change it (sometimes i need to change to fuse 3 times in a row before i can start it again). And when it runs on 3 cylinders it can also happen out on the track in full speed. I have tried Changing the ecu and that solves the problem with it running on 3 cylinders but the problem comes back and when it does i can change back to the old ecu and that one works... so i change between the ECUs. This is dangerous if it dies in a corner so i really need to fix this but nothing seems to work. Ive change these parts but the problem is still there:
*ecu
*the whole electrical harness
*fuelpump
*injector bridge
*sparkplugs and ignition coils.

The problem with the fuse comes frequently but sometimes after a month and sometimes after a half year.
The cylinder problem comes every other year.

Kawasaki zx10r 2009, only used in track.

Best regards/Albin (from sweden)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Would say you have a trapped wire that's earthing out and blowing the fuse. Can be around anything that moves so only does it come times. When. You replace the ecu you effectively reset it as you unplug and replug so it doesn't know about any fault and depending where the fault is it won't throw an error code.
Carefully check all the loom especially around headstock, fork and rear suspension swingarm as they all move

Sent from my I4213 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought so too but as i mentioned above i have changed the whole electrical harness and still the same problem :/

·
Registered
52 Posts
Not a lot left apart from switchgear.
Have you still got the tip over sensor connected

Sent from my I4213 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts