Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the early ride reviews seem to be coming in and I am wondering, Beans, what you think of the talk of how Kawi has tamed the 10. After riding Cisco's '05 at SRP I didn't think that it was the unruly beast that all the mags made it out to be. Yes there was power but it was easily controlled at any RPM and throttle setting. At no point did I have a tank slapper or any other misbehavings. As a matter of fact, my zed, in its' modified form, is much quicker in the handling department.

So, I guess the real question is which R do you feel most; Relief or Regret?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I definitely am relieved that Kawasaki didn’t sit on an already good motorcycle and make some minor refinements. I don’t know if I would go as far as saying Mama K overhauled the new 10R, but it is definitely without question improved.

Regarding the engine, the power delivery has increased at the bottom and the middle of the power curve. It seems that the engine is producing the same peak horsepower numbers, but with much more middle-range, the power delivery becomes more rider friendly, manageable, and usable.

Regarding the aesthetics, it was done for streamlined performance. Enough said.

Regarding the 10R’s handling, the fact that Mr. Kawasaki (Mama K’s husband) had to make sure an Ohlins steering dampener came on every stock 10 rolling out of the factory, well that should speak volumes. It is important to note that Yamaha owns Ohlins.

You can ride mine Jim, but then I expect a full 2-page review to be posted!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts