Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

I am looking at a UK ZX-7 after previously owning ZXR-400, ZX-9 and ZX-12 in the past. It will be my first bike again after a few years away and I just love the older Kawasaki stuff. I have found a 2002 ZX-7 with 15'000 miles, one owner, been kept in a garage, only ridden with dry miles and looks in excellent condition. But outside of the 2004 first service I don't believe any work has been done. The owner just hung onto it for years with only occasonal rides and almost no riding the past couple of years. He's selling as it never gets used.

Should I just ignore it because of the lack of servicing? If not how much of a consideration would that be in the price? The owner wants £1,995 but I think it's worth about £1,500 myself.

Any feedback or advice would be welcomed.

Thanks

MPLEP

·
Premium Member
13,202 Posts
If it's running and running well, the layup time shouldn't be an issue, but the tires need to be changed at a minimum. Keep an eye on seals and all rubber parts as these things tend to deteriorate with age regardless of use.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a bit more info from the seller. He has replaced brake pads and tyres along the way and topped up the oil. But it's not had a proper service and has sat for a year. It will have an MOT shortly which I guess would highlight any problems. The seller also agreed to additional checks if I wanted.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've skipped this bike as I found another which looks like a better bet. This other one has much better service history, looks totally immaculate and with less mileage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts