Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
they are nice, but at twice the price as all the other slip-on's...I chose to go with a Yoshimura

·
Registered
604 Posts
I still think it's nice, but it is kinda pricey.....i'm thinking of gettin one form my zx soon but i'm still making up my mind....

·
Registered
604 Posts
Oooo, that's still kinda spendy, has anyone tryied to do a custom exhaust for our bikes?, like go to a muffler shop and get a exhaust bent? and then just get a slip on and call it a full exhaust?

·
Registered
36 Posts
with the amount of research and technology that goes into these systems, i dont think i would just have a muffler shop bend something up, besides, the akrapovic evolution system is full titanium and weighs about 6 1/2 pounds.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I see your point. I guess an akrapovic slip-on is good enough for me, for starters. I know the system's only put out like an extra 5whp which people say is enough in order to feel it. How much HP i'm i looking at with a slip-on?

·
Registered
36 Posts
dont know, maybe 1-3 more w/ pcIII, also keep in mind, u do not need to worry so much about horsepower numbers solely. that slip-on might only give you a ouple hp, but it will most certainly shave off some weight. if i remember correctly, the stock system for 05-06, weighs about 12 lbs, the titanium akra system weighs abou 6 lbs. half the weight on top of a couple ponies, :clap .

as far as i'm concerned, my bike makes plenty of power, more than i can fully use with my level of riding, at least til i get thru racing school, and get more track time under my belt. so for now, my first mods, besides appearance items, will be an Ohlins rear shock and pilot powers. something to consider, with the right suspension set-up and tires, the powerband will get to the ground the way its supposed to, and you will feel that as well.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Yea i'll probably wait to get through the MSF school before i do anything to my bike, and also i have a few nice twisty road's behind my house where i always practice on.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
does anyone have any experience with the two brothers dual pipe set up? i like the look, but am not convinced of the sound yet. anyone know of sound clips?

·
Registered
33 Posts
mhash623 said:
does anyone have any experience with the two brothers dual pipe set up? i like the look, but am not convinced of the sound yet. anyone know of sound clips?
I've got these pipes on my bike. They are BY FAR the best sounding pipe on the market right now. I get compliments on them wherever I go. The carbon-weave is definately worth the extra cost as well. The system is a very low rumble and almost cruiser like at idle, but when the revs get up this things screams! I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
a muffler shop that can mandrel bend can make you a system that would compete with aftermarket. exhaust is not as critical as people put into it. as long as it flows freely.

I thought about having my buddy who owns a shop use stainless and bend me a dual undertail system. ebay had a pair of small carbon fiber generic cannisters that were short and nice looking for a while. they are gone now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
a muffler shop that can mandrel bend can make you a system that would compete with aftermarket. exhaust is not as critical as people put into it. as long as it flows freely.

I thought about having my buddy who owns a shop use stainless and bend me a dual undertail system. ebay had a pair of small carbon fiber generic cannisters that were short and nice looking for a while. they are gone now.
I got to agree with you here. Had a very reputable shop here in South Africa (that do a lot of custom exhaust work - TNT Exhausts) build me a full system for around R1200.00 (about 160 Dollars U.S) and along with a Dicktator Management system, looks - performs & sounds TOP!

·
Panda Man
4,462 Posts
I got to agree with you here. Had a very reputable shop here in South Africa (that do a lot of custom exhaust work - TNT Exhausts) build me a full system for around R1200.00 (about 160 Dollars U.S) and along with a Dicktator Management system, looks - performs & sounds TOP!
Happen to have any pictures of said system?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts