Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is the better bike, ZX-6R or the ZZR-600. Im a beginner and im debating on which one is the better choice.
I dont want to get a Ninja 650R or anything below cuz from what i hear i will get bored real quick.
I live in the Minneapolis Minnesota area and want to buy a new 2006 ZX-6R or ZZR-600, I will probably be able to get a better deal buying in the winter than buying in the spring or summer.
Is the ZX-6R to aggressive upon take-off for a beginner or would the ZZR-600 be a better choice.
Please help me out people. Thanx...

·
Registered
57 Posts
you'll only be bored if you think you are the bees knees.. or whatever that saying is... you won't be bored when you realise just how much you can improve, and starting to work on that...

i've got a little hornet 250... and it's great fun. sure, it's not a hugely over-powered bike - but it really hones the skills if you wanna keep up with the bigger bores...i've been riding it for a long time, and have ridden other people's bikes inbetween, but i still don't find it boring... think about it.. what's more boring? plodding through the canyons at 60mph, with your bike stuck in 3rd gear because there's no room to shift up... or the thrill of pushing your bike to it's limits in the canyons, jumping between 2nd to 5th and back again, laughing at the liter bike in front of you who can't get away...?

anyway, to answer your question... out of the two, i would choose the zzr... even though it WAS the zx6r several years back, the newer models are even more aggressive... personally, i would suggest the 650 as a good beginner bike.. it can do well over the speed limit, handles well, and is more comfy than the other two.. unless you're on the track on the strip.. how high over the limit do you need to go?

and yes, as many people will point out.. another factor in bike choice and survival factor is maturity...

·
Registered
62 Posts
yup, i got a zzr 600,.......i bought it in JULY, and now its JANUARY..i got over 3000 miles on it ..almost 4K....i ride the hell out of the thing...wen its dry out. i will ride 100 miles a day....i got it up to 155 miles per hour...not even close to redlining it....and took long tunnel turns at 130 MPH...i been stunting alot now too, i got wheelies down pretty good, and a bunch of other stuff..i have been through two tires already because of punctures....ya sure i want a thousand cc bike..i ride my friends 06 honda alot....but the one thing i have learned is........................there is still so much more for me to improve on...oh my goodnes, so much more...ya i think im a good rider, i think im damn good!...but fuck yes i can still get my ass beat by some friends with the same engine size!!!!!....

·
Registered
151 Posts
i don't know much about the zzr, but i would recommend the 636. you won't be dissapointed with it. not so sure you can say the same as with a zzr, but everyone is differnt

·
Registered
62 Posts
billy i just wanna add that the things i do on my bike are sometimes reckless and illegal, and do not copy anythying i say that i do...the risks that i take could cost me my life...and just like everything else in life.we all make our decisions ourselves....regardless of what bike you get, riding is the best thing in the world...to keep on doing the BEST thing in the world...u gotta be alive to do it..bottom line...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cryosamurai

cryosamurai, why would i want to copy anything you do. You have a sissy bike. I just bought me the most powerful, street leagle bike in the world. The ninja ZX-14. I will tear your shit up. You got that punk.
Make some other little sissy's day, cuz ya sure the hell aint going to make mine, LAMER.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Thread locked.

Please do not attack another member with malice intended. It is not welcome here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.