Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ya, I'm planning 2 get my first bike (never even ridden one in my life) in about 5-6 months. (2007 ninja zx-6r). My best friend hasn't much bike experience either and swears that Suzuki is the best bike out. Suzuki is an INCREDIBLY popular bike in my area, and I almost seem 2 be the only Kawi fan around. What are the big differences between Yamaha's r6, Suzuki's GSX6, and the Kaw ZX's? Also I heard that b/c of the motors, the gsx6 would beat the zx6 off the line, but the zx6 horses would walk out the win in the end almost everytime, any truth 2 this?? Feel free 2 include results of races you've seen!!

·
Registered
200 Posts
buddy once you go green you'll know what i mean. kawi is awesome and that new 6r is wicked awesome. i have a 06 636, kinda wish i had of held out for the 07, until i look at my 06. you will love it man, keep it green.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The bikes now adays are all so close spec wise that its the rider that makes the bike, not the other way arround. Who cares if a magazine says a GSXR is .3 seconds quicker off the line then a Kawi or a 2mph faster top speed...Any Joe Blow can twist the throtle, its real skill that will keep you ahead of all the other guys. Put Rossi or Hayden on an 500cc Sportbike and they'll spank your ass all day around the track even when your on a 600 or 1000. Just pick a bike that suites you best, as far as comfort, ridability, etc...Doesn't matter what bike you choose, they all fuckin fly! But you can't go wrong with Green:crazyloco

·
Registered
228 Posts
I walked all over my friends gsxr 600 with my zx6r , but I really got the bike cause it fit me good . I thing if you feel good on one get it , if it's Suz., Yam., Kawi., or some other.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I had a 05 636 and made the new R6 and Suzi look stupid. Apparently the new ZX is about the same as the 636 from about 10000 RPM above and the fact it makes power up to 17K means that it is an awesome machine. All the tests on the bikes that i have seen show it as an amazing machine and the fact it is green, makes it faster :) . If you have never had a bike then even have a look at the Honda CBR 600 as they are known to be the most neutral bikes on earth and any person can ride them fast plus it weighs about 15 kgs less than the others.

My choice though is go green man, it is mean

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
The bikes now adays are all so close spec wise that its the rider that makes the bike, not the other way arround. Who cares if a magazine says a GSXR is .3 seconds quicker off the line then a Kawi or a 2mph faster top speed...Any Joe Blow can twist the throtle, its real skill that will keep you ahead of all the other guys. Put Rossi or Hayden on an 500cc Sportbike and they'll spank your ass all day around the track even when your on a 600 or 1000. Just pick a bike that suites you best, as far as comfort, ridability, etc...Doesn't matter what bike you choose, they all fuckin fly! But you can't go wrong with Green:crazyloco
+1

·
Registered
58 Posts
I will say that, at least in the 06' model, the Ninja is the most comfortable bike available seat wise. I think in 07' the seat got stiffer unfortunately, but the 06' is great for those who are on the taller side as well. - Just a little input on rider comfort there!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would skip suzuki because everyone and their brother has one, Yamaha has a weak 2nd gear from what I understand, but Kawi, and Honda make ROCK SOLID bikes. the CBR600, F4i OR RR are great, but I'd be happier on a 636.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think riding comfort is the most important thing when you're buying a bike. If you're not comfortable on your bike then you're gonna hate life. And assuming your not only using the bike to commute then all those rides you're gonna go on you'll want to be as comfortable as possible. All bikes go fast. Choose comfort over anything, because if you don't you might be able to go fast, but going fast in an uncomfortable situation is no fun. Think about it like this. Would you like to watch TV on a couch that's lumpy or got holes and tears in it? Think of it the same way on a bike.

·
Registered
151 Posts
B-green Said It The Best They Are All So Close In Stats, It's All Preferance, And Rider Skill! Small Tid Bit. Kawi, Suzk, And Honda All Have Hydrolic Lifters, Yamaha Doesn't. They Have To Be Manuly Adjusted...the Rest Is Just Difference In A Few Pounds 1 Or 2 Hp Or Torqe; Whooptie Doo....

·
Registered
151 Posts
B-GREEN SAID IT THE BEST. They are all so close in stats, it's all preferance at this point. Rider skill is what makes the bike. One thing i do know as far as mechanics is that kawi's, honda's, and suzuki's all have hydrolic lifters. Yamaha's have to be manualy adjusted. that's about all i can add on the topic. stay green.

·
Registered
92 Posts
...One thing i do know as far as mechanics is that kawi's, honda's, and suzuki's all have hydrolic lifters. Yamaha's have to be manualy adjusted...QUOTE]

Are you talking about hydrolic lifters for the valves? cuz i thought they were all shim and bucket now? Anyways thanks for backin what i said:smile

·
Registered
23 Posts
I also thought they all used shim and bucket setups. ultimately its your decision what you get, since YOU will be riding it, not me, nor anyone else here. what feels comfortable to me may be like sitting on shards of broken glass to you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts