Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Really like the way you modded the screens for the sliders...may have to consider that one. :thumbup

·
Premium Member
13,276 Posts
Ordered my V35s, Sw-Motech qd mounts, Alu-rack and adapter plate today. Already had a spare E36 I'm gonna use for a topcase. There goes the tax refund check!:potty

·
Premium Member
13,276 Posts
The only thing I'm concerned about is the center rear tailpiece plastic and how to cut it out to accommodate the Alu-rack. It evidently mounts like the Euro-spec grab bar because they try to sell you that part (Euro-spec center tailpiece) to go along with it. I have a spare that's already partially cut out, but it would be nice to have a pic of the factory part to look at. Anyone here running the Alu-Rack or grab bar?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Its hard to see, but I place my tail bag on an aluminum plate from Bike Guys. Its secured to the seat with long Velcro straps.This allows the tail bag to have a firm platform to sit on and keeps the bag from rubbing the bodywork. I know you want to use a hard top case, but this is another alternative for others.

·
Premium Member
13,276 Posts
I also have a Wolfman Beta bag that I use for extra gear on long trips. It sits on the passenger seat like that and each end droops over the sides. If you can imagine a large, barrel-shaped bag with a cutout for the seat, that's what it looks like. Might have to use some paint protector film with this bike.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The only thing I'm concerned about is the center rear tailpiece plastic and how to cut it out to accommodate the Alu-rack. It evidently mounts like the Euro-spec grab bar because they try to sell you that part (Euro-spec center tailpiece) to go along with it. I have a spare that's already partially cut out, but it would be nice to have a pic of the factory part to look at. Anyone here running the Alu-Rack or grab bar?
I run the Euro grab bar. What's the next question? :smile

·
Premium Member
13,276 Posts
Is there any way you could shoot a pic of the center tailpiece removed and give me a measurement from the center of the line where the vertical triangle breaks to the edge of the grab bar? I gotta figure out how to cut this spare one.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Is there any way you could shoot a pic of the center tailpiece removed and give me a measurement from the center of the line where the vertical triangle breaks to the edge of the grab bar? I gotta figure out how to cut this spare one.
Don't think disassembly required for what you're asking. Down the centerline it's exactly 55mm as I just measured with my digital calipers right down the top center to where it "breaks" from where it tucks down below the grab handle. That does leave 2mm of space from the piece you're looking to cut up to the grab bar. You can see from the side photo, it angles down around 45 degrees forward.
:smile

1 - 20 of 42 Posts