Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Every one,... I was wondering if anybody has any knowledge on availabilityof a K&N air filter for a zx-14. The manual states that the air filter should be replaced if you have rode in the rain, so before I buy another air filter that would need replacing if caught in the rain,I wanted to get my hands on the K&N filter. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
K&N air filter

word is they won't be available until fall.(still in development) look up Schintz Racing's site and click on there K&N air filter for the ZX-14 and try to order one that will put you on there notification list when they do arrive. Then wait patiently:banghead

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pipercross has an outstanding foam filter out already. Had it on mine for about a month, and had one for about two months before that on the other bike. Well worth it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Why don't you go to your local dealership and ask them to make a custom air filter using K&N filter foam. They should be able to do it....

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got caught in the rain last weekend,...(very heavy ,hard ,sustained rainstorm on the highway coming home from the lake. I took the air filter out to check it ,thinkin` that it would be completely screwed up. And low and behold it looked just fine to me(except for some bugs,which I cleaned out carefully with a dental pick).So I don`t know what amount of rain riding it would take to mess it up,but that IS what the service manual says,...GO FIGURE!!! My humble advice is simple...if ya get caught riding in the rain check out the filter once you get home to make sure that it is still in good shape.
Ed.

·
Registered
498 Posts
On all my previous bike, if i'm up to it i'll do it every 2 month. Since i'm using K&N, i'll just wash it in the washing machine, let it dry and spray it's K&N foam oil before putting it back together. No problems until now....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts