Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a weekend of riding my bike simply cut off at the top of my driveway and wouldn't restart. It was showing a error code 31, after checking the service manual it stated code 31 is a Fuel Tip over cut off switch failure.

I checked the terminal connection for the switch and it seemed fine, so I bought another switch. The day the switch arrive, I turned the ignition key on to ensure I was in neuters before backing the bike out to replace the switch. The error was gone, and it started right up for the first time in 2 weeks.

I replaced the switch anyway, and rode it to church that Sunday. On my way home, I turned it off at a long red light, and again it wouldn't start showing error code 31 again.

I took it to the dealer and told them everything I did. They removed my switch and replaced it with a switch from a known running bike, but my bike still showed the error. They placed my switch in the other bike and the other bike started up. So they used a volt meter to check the wires, but they omh'd out ok. Baffled they contacted Kawasaki. After 2 weeks Kawasaki finally responded by saying simply replace the entire wire harness. The repair will cost $1270 for parts and labor. uggh! I told them [email protected] no.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds like you should call Kawi and bitch them out to get them to replace the harness. I know it wasn't a Bike but same thing happened to me with Chevy and a few calls got me a free replacement for my defective dash cluster.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts