Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
27,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are tall like me, the stock pegs are not very comfortable. The Buell peg mod did the trick. Do not buy the Corbin lowering kit for the 14, it sucks!
Once the Corbin pegs were installed, they had problems with clearance with the back of your heel hitting the exhaust.. Also they make your foot stick out about another 1/2 inch which caused you to have to be almost pigeon toed to shift it.. Not many people that tried them liked them including me. I AM 6'3'' with a 36" inseam so I needed extra legroom. I bought some Buell XBR12 pegs and drilled out the pin holes to match the Kawasaki pin, then carefully ground down the sides to match the kawakasi mount and they work great! They give you about another 3/4'' legroom and look sharp... You can even unscrew the old feelers off the zx14 and screw them into the Buell pegs. 'They work very well and give the bike a better look and the pegs are only about $15 each..

Will post pic later!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Be careful putting weight on the buel pegs. Did that mod to mine a few years ago. Went thru 3 sets of buel pegs. The last set I had a machine shop drill and mod just to be sure I was not screwing things up. All of them broke on me. Went back to stock.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
ouch

·
Registered
7 Posts
buell peg conversion

If you are tall like me, the stock pegs are not very comfortable. The Buell peg mod did the trick. Do not buy the Corbin lowering kit for the 14, it sucks!
Once the Corbin pegs were installed, they had problems with clearance with the back of your heel hitting the exhaust.. Also they make your foot stick out about another 1/2 inch which caused you to have to be almost pigeon toed to shift it.. Not many people that tried them liked them including me. I AM 6'3'' with a 36" inseam so I needed extra legroom. I bought some Buell XBR12 pegs and drilled out the pin holes to match the Kawasaki pin, then carefully ground down the sides to match the kawakasi mount and they work great! They give you about another 3/4'' legroom and look sharp... You can even unscrew the old feelers off the zx14 and screw them into the Buell pegs. 'They work very well and give the bike a better look and the pegs are only about $15 each..

I did this with my 06 Hayabusa and agree with what you said here on comfort. only difference was having to shim the Buell pegs to fit the Busa's smaller pin size. I had two Busa's before switching to my new ride..08 zx14 with 6,100 miles and wish I had only switched sooner..loving the ZX!!!
This was another search I wanted to see on and again.. my question was answered .... buell pegs next on my list of to do's ...thanks

:smilieRR:

·
Registered
34 Posts
YOu can get the corbins to work - but its a real pain. Wont work with brocks exhaust unless you remove the rubber frame mounts and have the brocks lowered. Than you have to modify the lower fairing mount under the brocks can otherwise the fairing touches the can. I got em to work and are way more comfortable. If you goto facebook under zx14 community group I posted videos on what Im talking about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts