Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a new leftover 2005 ZX-12R. While reading the owners manual, I noticed the factory calls for a valve adjustment every 7,500 miles. What have other 12 owners found when having their valves adjusted? Have the valves needed adjusting, or were they still in spec? I believe the valves on the 12 use bucket shims for adjustment. Am I correct?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Have had my 12 serviced by the book, @ local shop( kinda spendy but I love my 12). Valves have been good @ each check.

Have you posted up pics of your 12? Would like to see them.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I put 38,000 miles on my 2002 ZX-12R before selling her, and I had the valve inspection done by the dealer on time every time. They were always within spec and never needed an adjustment.

I had an extended warranty on my 12R, and the valve inspection documented by an authorized Kawi dealership showed that it was done and kept me in good terms with any future warranty claims that could have come from mechanical failure.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My avatar is my new bike. I will try to post some pics.

So I take it that every time you had your valve clearance checked, from the first time on, the clearance was in specs and needed no adjustment?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do you post pics on this forum? It's not done like most forums I use???????/:headscratch

·
Registered
4 Posts
On my first valve adjustment inspection, I put all valves to the "Loose side" of spec. and never had to touch them again. 31,000 Total.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts