Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up a 1997 ZX-11D. It was crashed at 17k miles and most of the damage was cosmetic.. farings, bars etc. Starts and runs smooth as silk. Gonna get her setup for drag racing. Not a serious racer or anything.. just like the weekend "outlaw" scene (no NHRA or other governing rules) at an old air strip and the midnight drags at the local strip. No classes or brackets yet.. we'll see? Anyway, I have been removing dead weight and such from the ZX-11 and I found the charcoal canister under the seat in front of the tail light. I want this and any other useless "dead" weight gone. I assume this is a California model even though I am not in California? Anyone done this removal or have any other weight reduction or simplification advice. Does this Bike have a PAIR system?

Thanks in Advance for any info,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know the old exhausts wieghs about 75 Lbs. First thing to go I take it!
75... 35.. whatever... it's freaking heavy.. and it's already off. The pic above is the before pic. Before I bought it. Anyone got the scoop on the charcoal canister or PAIR system?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just picked up a 1997 ZX-11D. It was crashed at 17k miles and most of the damage was cosmetic.. farings, bars etc. Starts and runs smooth as silk. Gonna get her setup for drag racing. Not a serious racer or anything.. just like the weekend "outlaw" scene (no NHRA or other governing rules) at an old air strip and the midnight drags at the local strip. No classes or brackets yet.. we'll see? Anyway, I have been removing dead weight and such from the ZX-11 and I found the charcoal canister under the seat in front of the tail light. I want this and any other useless "dead" weight gone. I assume this is a California model even though I am not in California? Anyone done this removal or have any other weight reduction or simplification advice. Does this Bike have a PAIR system?

Thanks in Advance for any info,

Are you interested in selling that heavy stock exhaust?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts