Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I just found this great site and registered. I ride a '92 ZX-11 C3 and need to replace transmission gears, forks, drum. Would a "D' transmission be an upgrade? ZZR tranny, ZRX 5 speed. Are any of these swaps possible? Thoughts?
btw that d model with the 12r forks and 7r swinger looks sweeet!
p.s. glad to be here!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Ping Claude, he can tell you exactly what is required to do the
D to C trans mod.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
A transmission from a D model is a perfect fit into a C's engine. But you need to know those two point:

1-you must swap the assembled shafts as a whole; not individual part or gears over C's shafts or vice-versa.

2- You need to use a D's front sprocket along with a D's output shaft (or, of course, a C's front sprocket along with a C's output shaft). D's output shaft is longer than C's and both sprockets are made accordingly to fit on their respective output shafts.

If you respect those points, it's a direct and perfect bolt-on.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Oh and BTW, what's your avatar? Is this a 750 H2 triple engine into a ZX11C (or ZZ-R1200 or other) frame? More pics or infos would be nice (I'm just curious).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info Claude and Ozzy. BTW my avatar is my 4th overbore H2 engine mocked into my 1990 ZX-7. It's a long term project. Not completed yet. Waiting on $$$. I need to find a more or less permanent host to upload pix to, as in dogpile etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts