Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! Decided to join a forum since theres always good knowledge that comes from them! I own a 93 zx-11. I personally love this bike! I have been trying to get it from a friend for while and finally got the opportunity! It only costed me $1575.00. Pretty good if you ask me! So I decided to dump my cbr 929 rr and get the zx-11 since I just love the overall style! Anyways I am planning to make it a pretty nice bike! You never see older style bikes fixed up where I'm from so I figure it will just be nice to have! So since I'm new to kawasaki and the zx-11 what are cool mods to make the bike more appealing? Any good conversions? Looks? I would just like to hear your guys opinions! Thanks alot! Here's some pictures of my bike!

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Welcome to ZXF as you say the best place to be. Love the colour of your bike I hope you have many years of fun and not too many speeding tickets.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
One nice mod I've made is putting the tripple pot GSXR brake calipers on the front.

I'm looking at the gold emulator mod for the front suspension and a ZZR1200 rear shock.
Possibly putting a new timing advance plate in. Stainless Steel braided lines.

I'm sure there is more but can't think of it right now.

Depending on what the PO put on it is well worth changing the rear tire back to the recomended size when you need to put new boots on her.

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Oh yeah put a HID in. Best mod ever, easy to do and pretty cheap.
Nice looking can on your bike do you have a jet kit on the as well?

I would drop all the fluids if you've not done that already. For the cost new engine oil and filter , brake and clutch fluid, fork oil it worth the piece of mind knowing that it's fresh and give you a point to work from to get your maintanence routine going.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Welcome to the site, the bike seems in very good shape !. I agree with dragoninink, change all fluids, and as mods. put a good set of steel braided lines with six pots tokico calipers, the stopping power changes a lot. For security look at the final chain, the rear axis is in an unusual position for an original chain with 110 links.
I still can't believe how cheap you can buy a bike like this. In my country any good Zx11 starts at 9k...

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
Welcome to the site, the bike seems in very good shape !. I agree with dragoninink, change all fluids, and as mods. put a good set of steel braided lines with six pots tokico calipers, the stopping power changes a lot. For security look at the final chain, the rear axis is in an unusual position for an original chain with 110 links.
I still can't believe how cheap you can buy a bike like this. In my country any good Zx11 starts at 9k...
+1 Should have thought of the chain and sprokets :banghead

Depending on when the bike was last run tires can be a concern too.

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Welcome to ZXF. Looks like a nice clean bike. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to everyone for the kind words! I would like to make the bike really nice! Not in any kind of hurry also. I would like to take it kinda slow because I am not totally sure what direction I want to take with the bike. None the less I'll be keeping it for a long while! This video somewhat is the direction I would like to take with the bike! Aside from the black frame I'd like a polished frame

·
Registered
3,775 Posts
Ah yes, the FASTER year of the ZX11s..... :crackup

All the mods have been mentioned, and mine has them ALL.

Really makes the ZX stand out..... & if you extend the swing arm we will quit talking to you.....

Now for a personal plate... Im thinking "Timewrp" or "Tmebndr"....

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nice putt putt! buy yourself some brake pads and NEVER EXTEND the swing arm!
Freeway driving buy a Hard tire if your gonna play then get a double compound tire,if your really gonna play get a supper sticky tire and buy an extra one cause you'll need it!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the advice guys! I'll definitely take it into consideration! Now on to a bit of frame polishing! I really don't have the cash to take it somewhere to and get it professionally polished! How much of a pain would it be to do it by hand? With an electric sander?

·
Registered
682 Posts
welcome to the forum and nice bike!

as far as the vanity plate is concerned, in NJ where I live you are allowed a maximum of 5 digits on your mc plate.That makes it tough but mine is "in process" with the state so I should have it for the spring. I saw it a long time on a Lambo Countach.......wait for it...........................
IXLR8

:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts