Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help with this one. I just blew the output shaft bearing on my '98 ZX-11D. The kicker here is it's the second time! :banghead The first time was back in 2000, two months after I bought it. I've only put 2500mi on it since the rebuild a few years back and cant figure out what the freak is caused it to happen a second time. !:cussing Any Ideas?? I've had alot of other bikes (18 and counting)and I've only blown transmissions out of two of them. One being this zx-11 and the other a '96 zx-6. The 600 was being abused at the strip so I can't complain much on that one. My -11 on the other hand has not been abused! She's my baby and I hate seing it broke. As I see it now I can either find a new motor to swap out (please e-mail me if you have or know of one) or finally breakdown and drop in a big bore kit and convert to fuel injection like I've been thinking about. I just don't want to sink a bunch of money into the motor only to break the trans again. Is there anything that can be done to strengthen the transmission in these?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts