Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am ordering a windscreen for my 99' zx-7r, and found a dark smoke Zero Gravity SR screen for $68 shipped new. Does anyone run the SR, or do most run the double bubble? From what I've read zero gravity is a good product and good fit. I have only ran Puig in the past and they were okay. Anyone have any thoughts/ anything to say about the two?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Had a ZG double bubble, then a Puig DB. Both were very good...at directing bugs right into my visor. Finally settled on an AirBlade, which has a very high bubble. Not for everyone, but I spend a lot less time cleaning visors.

It's hard to go wrong with a stock height screen as well.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Had a ZG double bubble, then a Puig DB. Both were very good...at directing bugs right into my visor. Finally settled on an AirBlade, which has a very high bubble. Not for everyone, but I spend a lot less time cleaning visors.

It's hard to go wrong with a stock height screen as well.
+1 DB screens are a waste of time on these bikes unless its a REALLLYY big bubble. Stock screens just launch bugs at my jacket... which I don't mind nearly as much as having them launched at my face.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
+1 DB screens are a waste of time on these bikes unless its a REALLLYY big bubble. Stock screens just launch bugs at my jacket... which I don't mind nearly as much as having them launched at my face.
Hmmm... the stock screen directed the air right at my neck which was annoying. The DB directed the air higher so it wasn't as annoying.

Josh

·
Registered
152 Posts
It's very much a function of how tall you are.
I prefer to have some wind support my torso, and the DB doesnt allow enough air through.

And for the bugs, when we stop for a coffee brake,we also ask for a glass of hot water and some napkins. Let it cool untill its just warm, and clean the visors. It gives about 5 minutes of clear sight :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts