Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finally talked the girlfriend into riding the 10r..........What the hell was i thinking!! Long story short i took her for a little ride like maybe 40 miles. And She was like a human backpack held on well but HOLY SHIT SHE WAS KILLING ME!:rotflmao My god this bike will never again have to bear the weight of 2 people. I guess the plus side was that the GF said it was fun to go fast but it sucked to go slow.:clap So now she finally gets why i love it so:smile. But YOUR KILLING ME SHE SAID LOL:rotflmao HA i said your were killing me on the bike and you are whining about it a day later. Now she said she has at least gone fast enough that she doesn't want to ride it anymore because it is to fast to enjoy the scenery.:rofl

·
Registered
889 Posts
these things gotta suck for a passenger the way they're perched up higher and have to lean over at a contorted angle.
bikes like the busa are much beta for passengers

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
i think it depends. i'm about 8" taller than my girl and she doesn't seem to hate it too bad, besides how tiny the seat is. we usually only ride together though if we're goin nearby for dinner or just wanna cruise by the beach, any real trips and it isn't happening

·
Forum Leaders
19,944 Posts
No, super sport bikes aren't for two up but it sounds like she does still need to learn to be a proper piece of cargo. Holding on is one thing but there is really no need for her to be bent over hugging you for dear life. When I take my better half on the bikes shes learned to sit back properly hold on at the hips and if an abrupt stop comes she pushes on the tank instead of my back.

I took a friend of mine out once and she had never been on a motorcycle before. It felt like a 120lb backpack which sounds similar to what you experienced. While riding a super sport 2up always sucks, teaching the person how to properly ride and getting her more experience does help.

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
I have probably done 7k with the wife on the back of the 10. while it is a bit more work coming down mountain grades and such, It is not all that bad if they post up on the tank and hold their own weight.

·
Registered
13,371 Posts
Exactly. They just have to know how to be a sportbike passenger, and use the tank instead of using you. My wife has also ridden thousands of miles on the back of my 10R with no issues for either of us. She's a great passenger, and I barely feel her back there.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Ok, I have to ask. What do you mean "use the tank". Do they do a reach around and keep thier hands on the gas tank at all times? The tank seems rather far away for a woman to reach.

Thanx

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
Ok, I have to ask. What do you mean "use the tank". Do they do a reach around and keep thier hands on the gas tank at all times? The tank seems rather far away for a woman to reach.

Thanx
Yes when needed. Holding on for dear life the rest of the time. Especially when braking.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Thanx! Yeah I figured. Glad I can get a backrest for my bike. Now just to make sure there is no helmet bonking.... :smile

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts
Wait a minute. If your lady can't reach the tank, either she is a T-rex, or someone's belly girth is prohibitive.

·
Premium Member
640 Posts
Have your GF watch this..... my daughters sucked at riding 2 up until they watched this once or twice... they are really good now, can't hardly tell they are there, except for the decreased accelleration now...lol

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Very good video...

·
sénior BBQ Master
22,270 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts

Thanx
You must not have ever had a woman who knows how to ride on your bike.

It isn't very hard to reach around you and place both hands firmly on the tank of the bike while stopping, unless the rider (or her even) is severely overweight. And in fact when I took a friend of mine for a ride, she spent most of the ride with her hands either on the tank, or in her own lap. The exceptions being when I told her to hold on, for whatever reason.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Not so much that Squidge, just most of the time they just had their hands wrapped around my waist, playing with my Johnson :eek:hno, and up until the ZX11, most of my bikes I owned were more stretched out & didnt have the "bird perch" rear seating arrangement that modern day sport motorcycles have now.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts