Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, i just got my Akro EVO Full/Open Exhaust, and i just love it... Although the exhaust is ridiculously expensive, it was sooo worth the money, all i need is a K&N Filter and a PC and i'm good to go... All of you that have Akro's on your machine, post up pix... I'll post mine soon (couple of days)... Also dyno charts would be cool, if you have them....

·
Registered
98 Posts
my exact readout was this
Max BHP: 180.54 @ 12,320 RPM
Max Ft/Lbs: 86.08 @ 8,450 RPM

This is a cellphone picture of my graph

·
Registered
117 Posts
BRO let me tell you this much. You think the bike is fast now wait till you get the power commander installed. I also is about to order me a k&n filter as well. The kawi is a beast...i hope you got a good deal on them and not pay the regular price. i bought mine through www.hardracing.com full system for 1,300.00

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked it out, you got the Racing Exhaust, i have the Evolution one... I payed 1800 for mine...

·
Registered
98 Posts
the acrapovic is so quiet . it has a deep v8 sound at idle but when u rev the sound goes away. its very quiet but has a sick unique sound.

·
Registered
98 Posts
who has been dynoed with there full system, powercommander and k&N????

·
Registered
71 Posts
Alright, i just got my Akro EVO Full/Open Exhaust, and i just love it... Although the exhaust is ridiculously expensive, it was sooo worth the money, all i need is a K&N Filter and a PC and i'm good to go... All of you that have Akro's on your machine, post up pix... I'll post mine soon (couple of days)... Also dyno charts would be cool, if you have them....
One question I've been meaning to ask.........What does your ZX run like with only a "full Akra system" and no other support modification (i.e. Power Commander). Are you having any backfiring or other issues? Thx

·
Registered
60 Posts
One question I've been meaning to ask.........What does your ZX run like with only a "full Akra system" and no other support modification (i.e. Power Commander). Are you having any backfiring or other issues? Thx
i did for a while just the slip ones and yes there was back firing. did a custom tune with a BMC filter, slip ons, and a PC and i got 172.1HP and 81FT/LBS of torque at the rear wheels on the local dyno here at the bike shop next to where i live. the air/fuel ratio is incredible now almost perfectly on point. when it was just the exhaust the air/fuel was all over the place.

·
Registered
71 Posts
i did for a while just the slip ones and yes there was back firing. did a custom tune with a BMC filter, slip ons, and a PC and i got 172.1HP and 81FT/LBS of torque at the rear wheels on the local dyno here at the bike shop next to where i live. the air/fuel ratio is incredible now almost perfectly on point. when it was just the exhaust the air/fuel was all over the place.
That's what I would figure. I gotta think a full exhaust, with nothing else, would be a nightmare.....IMO

·
Registered
71 Posts
I checked it out, you got the Racing Exhaust, i have the Evolution one... I payed 1800 for mine...
Also, just curious......Is there a performance/sound difference between the Evolution/EVO and the Race full systems? You would think the most expensive one would be the one boasting itself as a "Race" system. Obviously that's not the case.
Why did you go with the Evolution instead of the race?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, my exhaust does back-fire a lot, even get flame-pops downshifting from 2nd to 1st at about 35mph... No problems with idle...

·
Registered
366 Posts
What is the benefit, besides looks, of putting on a bolt on titanium hex? I'm not looking for more HP (only Anthony West would need more), just more noise. I was riding next to my wife and she said she couldn't hear my bike. Says it's not safe. Wants me to buy better pipes to make it louder :)

I don't want to put a lot of money into it, and hardracing has the titanium bolt ons for $550. Would I have dips in my revs?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts