Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I placed an order from TrickTape for a tank pad a little over a week ago with no idea of if it was shipped or not. Nodetails whatsoever for a week. I was starting to think I got had. Logged into my email this morning at work zand this is what I got:

Hello TrickTape Customer,

Please excuse this mass-mail/form letter, but we wanted to update you as to the status of your order.

TT is a small 2 person shop, owned by Rob and Nancy Gardner. We were hit by a drunk driver on 4/13/07 pretty severley. It totalled our Jeep (He was driving an F250 pickup, and had a blood/alcohol content of .15, nearly twice the legal limit. Lots of doctor visits later, we have reopened, tho with limited hours for the time being.

Today, 4/26 is our first real day back (We did open for a few hours on Saturday, but very little got done due to the pain, and the haze caused by the prescriptions)

We have begun going thru all the orders that we missed while we were closed due to the accident, but there were many orders we missed during our unexpected closure, so sadly, we must start you out with this impersonal form letter.

This is to let you know we have received your order today (4/26) and we have been going thru the orders all day. It will take a little time to catch up on all the orders and such from the days we were closed due to this drunk driver. we have hundreds of e-mails to answer, and the phone is ringing like crazy. needless to say we have our work cut out for us.

Once we compile all the orders, and put them on purchase orders, we'll submit them to our vendors. Once we hear back from our vendors as to what is shipping, and what is on backorder etc, we'll do our best to get you an update on when you can expect to receive your order. This will likely be early next week, based on the amount of orders amnd requests well have for our vendors. Normally this info would be passed to you within a day or so, but being closed last week has put us behind on our customer contact, and for that we apologise.

We still have many doctors appointments in the upcoming weeks, so there will be some difficulty in reaching us, as there will be a few days we'll have to close early for the doctor etc. We just want to let you know exactly what is going on with your order.

Again, we apologise for this lapse in our normal timely service, and we hope you understand that we'd MUCH rather be here taking care of business, than at the doctors due to this drunk fool.

Expect an individual update to your order over the next few days are we struggle to catch up from this setback.

Thanks for understanding - Rob and Nancy Gardner.

Owners, TrickTape Motorsports

·
Registered
449 Posts
This story reminds me....One day I'm patching up some drywall cuz I did some plumbing and then my brother calls me telling me Dads not well, so I stopped my work and rushed 160 Miles North to Duluth,MN only to be too late. My Dad died about 1/2 way I figure. The following days I would prepare for his service. Talk about a shot in the Balls man.

·
Registered
330 Posts
WOW :thumbup

There's one dedicated business owner. With that kind of commitment to customer service & satisfaction; I would definately be giving him all the business I could :clap

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.