1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
65 Posts
R-77 is not a model nr, its the name of the can.
ZX10R and ZX14 may and does probebly not have the same o/d on the connector pipes.

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
The R-77 can is used on many bikes. What's specific to a bike is the connecting pipe from the exhaust after the cat to the inlet of the canister. You have to get the specific pipe for the ZX 14.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Is R-77 the correct model number for the 2011 14?

first link is for the zx10 but the same model number for the zx14. Im guessing the zx10 models dont come with the brackets?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-12-Kawas...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5648024279&vxp=mtr

quite a big price difference in this one but states its for the zx14

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YOSHIMURA-R...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4155d4bc2d&vxp=mtr

is the piping on the 14 the same for 08-11?
I dont want to burst your hope, but i seel you are from LI, well its against the law to have aftermarket exhaust, yes i asked my Inspector, he said the bike would fail if i put them on my bike, if you do and they pass let me know because i want them also.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys. Just looking for a slip on option now. Yoshimura and two brothers are on the top of my list. Its hard to hear the sound differences from youtube vids.

Chuck A, it only takes a short time to remove the slip ons and put the stock pipes back on anyway. Its only once a year it has to be done so no biggie. On the other hand, I should have a place that can do the right thing when inspection time comes. Ill make a call just to make sure

·
Registered
133 Posts
ZX10R has only one can.
Unless its a Gen 2, but yes, the 14 needs 2 slipons. They supply a part #, you can check Yoshimura for sure.

EDIT: Not sure if the R-77 is more expensive in general, but I got my TRCs in carbon fiber for about $100 cheaper.

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
There is a big difference in the sound between the 2brothers and yoshi dual can slip-ons. At higher rpm and full throttle they are both loud. The 2brothers is throatier while the yoshi tends to sing or scream. At regular street riding speeds and throttle openings the 2brothers is definitely louder and deeper. The performance would be identical. I happen to think Yoshi has a better build quality. 2brothers is close, though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There is a big difference in the sound between the 2brothers and yoshi dual can slip-ons. At higher rpm and full throttle they are both loud. The 2brothers is throatier while the yoshi tends to sing or scream. At regular street riding speeds and throttle openings the 2brothers is definitely louder and deeper. The performance would be identical. I happen to think Yoshi has a better build quality. 2brothers is close, though.
Good points. yoshi sounds like a ferrari and two bros sound like a big v8....well you get the point.

Two of the better vids ive found both with slip ons only. Something about that yoshi sound gets me. Cant make up my mind :banghead

two bros

yoshi

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
thanks guys. Just looking for a slip on option now. Yoshimura and two brothers are on the top of my list. Its hard to hear the sound differences from youtube vids.

Chuck A, it only takes a short time to remove the slip ons and put the stock pipes back on anyway. Its only once a year it has to be done so no biggie. On the other hand, I should have a place that can do the right thing when inspection time comes. Ill make a call just to make sure
cool let me know because i also want a different exhaust, let me know when you are getting yours done, maybe i will do mine the same day :crazyloco:crazyloco

·
Registered
400 Posts
i have r-77 slip ons. 08-11 same. 06-07 different fitting to header. i posted to youtube but iphone mic and computer speakers dont do justice. quite a difference with baffles out/in. sound lower freq with less metallic clatter in reality. i use with baffles in. sound better after few thousand kms. very happy with them overall.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^they do sound nice but they dont have that throaty growl like two brothers does...maybe its just me :shrug:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had stock till 4 days ago. Was on the fence between tbr or yosh.. Went with tbr carbon black searies on an 09 ME .. Looks super sharp! Kid you not, got chills when i first turned the key :) just something you gotta hear in person vids dont come even close.. Oh and tbr's cheaper ;)

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 16 of 16 Posts