Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, Just placed my order for the Diablo Black as I think it looks meaner than the silver.

I recently sold my '05 K1200LT Lux as I wanted something that would better handle the twistier roads we have in the UK and around the Alps. Don't get me wrong the LT was a great bike and I did many enjoyable miles on it but it did get heavy in the tight corners. I gleaned a wealth of info on the LT forums so hope to do the same here when more GTR's are out there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi Hitman,

Pleased that more people are seeing the light every day.

Any confirmation on delivery date yet?

I am collecting mine mid-august - can't wait.:banghead

In the meantime the pics and reports on here are keeping me same.:crazyloco

·
Registered
85 Posts
Welcome Hitman.
My new C-14 has 420 mile now and I like it better each day. Earlier this month, I put about 100 miles on an LT in the mountains out west.

The feel of the 14 won't be foreign to you at all. The riding position is a bit more sporty and the handling will astonish you - particularly the way it takes and holds a line compared to the LT. The lower CG also will eliminate the top heavy feeling that makes the LT a chore in town.
Power is in a different league altogether - the Kaw is better everywhere.
Wind protection was better on the LT, but the larger windshield should take care of that somewhat. The LT is tough to beat in that regard though. The Kaw also lets a bit more engine heat get to your legs in hot weather.
The Kaw also rides a bit firmer - but that translates directly to the handling. Seat comfort is on a par with the newer LT seat - but better than the 04 I did most of my riding on.
You also lose the power centerstand, but the Kaw is so easy to get up it doesn't matter.

You're going to love it the first time you tackle winding road - congrats on the choice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.