Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have the stock exhaust for a zx11 laying around. I'm tired of my muzzy. and i want to get back to stock. any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Loud is'nt it! I am thinking of putting my stock back on also. I wish I could find another muffler to swap instead.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
In case it could help, Muzzy is selling a quiet core (±$65) to mute down a bit the muffler's tone. It probably will still be kind of loud but maybe it will fulfill your need?? It is not mentionned on their website so you must write or call them.

Also, you could try to find an OEM exhaust from a ZZ-R1200. It have two factory slip-ons that give you the choice to get after-market ones and alternate depending on how you feel.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I will check with my parts guy at the dealership tomorrow 8/28, I seem to recall that he had/has a stock ZX-11 D exhaust laying around that he would like to get rid of. I am going to be putting a stock ZZR1200 exhaust on my ZX-11 this week sometime and I will have a Muzzy for sale. It was on the bike when I bought it and I am tired of it. I will eventually be in the market for a set of Staintune mufflers for a ZZR1200. A little noise is OK. The Mussy is also a high RPM/HP pipe. It does absolutely nothing for the mid range mich is where I think most of ride most of the time. I know I do. I'll let all know about the stock ZX-11 Exhaust. Jay

G

·
I just put a Vance & Hines SSR system on mine and have the stock pipes in my garage. I live in Lithia Springs, GA not too far from Rome. Let me know.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Loud is'nt it! I am thinking of putting my stock back on also. I wish I could find another muffler to swap instead.

I had this exhaust put on @ the dealer when i bought the bike, and never had the stock setup. 47,000 miles
its really not the noise level. i just hate the way it sounds under 3k . Since I've gotten older and rarely see more than 6k. its time to change.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How about a second set of stock exhaust for 99 zx-11? I'm also looking for a set with cannisters in excellent condition? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
65 Posts
As posted here earlier, I really need a system for a zx-11. Anything road legal considered, but I'm in Uk and everything seems to be in US.......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts