Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 94 zx7 L and its missing the fuel pump. :lame please help. thatd be the only thing now to get it running.

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
It should run without the fuel pump, just fill the tank up. It won't be able to pump fuel up from reserve (or maybe a bit higher) however.

Good luck finding the pump though. There are many aftermarket units that cost less and work just as well, you just need one that has a very low pressure and shuts off automatically like the OEM one does.

Others will have more details about what pressure you need, IDK anything about non-P models.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx for the info. it doesnt effect top end performance or anything? id still like a pump but the info is nice to know. i think the pressure is 1.8 -3.2 psi but i always like to have another opinion and know how.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
You can run without the pump. Just have to have at least half a tank of fuel.

As for pumps, thousands of bikes use that pump so looking thru eBay or wherever if the pump looks right it will work.

Josh

·
Premium Member
11,231 Posts
At really high speeds you might get some pressure in the carbs that can cause slight issues. But top end fueling should be just fine at lower speeds.

But, any aftermarket 2-3 psi pump will work, as will any pump from any other carbed bike that you can make fit and meets that PSI spec.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have a ZX11 fuel pump with hoses and filter. $40 delivered if you need it.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Or adapt a solid-state low pressure pump from Mr Gasket or any other source.

Josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts