Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Anybody have a left rear tail cover for a 91 black/rose? If not, I have a silver dollar sized chunk out of the back of it thanks to a cellphone driver. I stopped she didn't. Any thoughts on a repair? There is no more new stock anymore. I checked Ronayers and everybody else that I Goggled. Kawasaki only supports
parts for 20 years.

Thanks

Ps. I could post a pic so forum members can analyses a repair

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
That's a bummer man. There are a couple on ebay that need the tabs. You can easily get some tabs molded and done with 'putty type' epoxy. That might be easier than fixing a hole.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Joe,there is a product called plastifix,you can make missing pieces as well as bond parts together.I used plastifix last year to repair and modify my 91c fairings and it is very easy to use.A small kit costs $35 and comes with complete instructions.Go to youtube and type in plastifix motorcycle repair to see how its done.For a minor repair as yours all you need is an electric sander(preferably an orbital sander) and a can of spray paint as well as the kit of course. PM me for more info if you want.
Do post some pics.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I checked out the plastic repair on YouTube. Definitely a viable option. Also found a repair shop in Pennsylvania called MSRECYCLE. Got a quote for $166 for repair and repaint. Anybody else have experience with this shop?
Again, thanks for the help.

Joe Blow

1 - 5 of 5 Posts