Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
RRRRRR
3,587 Posts
I have learned a little bit not to trust kdealer. Yes, I may be a canceled item and nla. But occasionally, it is still in Stock in other countries warehouse system.
Case in point. RR steering stem bearing. I had a new set, sold it to a friend so his bike could be raced at IOM classic TT race last year. They were in Stock. When I went to reorder, they were cancelled. No backorder. None in Japan. Canada still had a set. A friend ordered two and sold me his.
Not that long ago those brackets were available. Phone a friend in other countries.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At this point I don't know anyone in other countries into motorcycles enough to pull that off for me. I hope to be lucky enough to find one from someone here. If not I'll make a suitable part until I do find one.

Our shop subscribes to lightspeed shop management software as well. It allows me to search other dealers and no luck their either.

·
RRRRRR
3,587 Posts
Yes I use lightspeed too.
I am fortunate to have forged relationships with a great deal of people in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Scotland, Great Britain, Belgium, Germany, Poland, Netherlands, and a few more that I trade with in high race kit /works and rare unavailable parts. Over time this has paid off over and over. I have also made great friends, met fantastic people (and some dickheads, but it's the cost of trading when you need something some times), and been a rewarding if costly experience.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I apologize dude.

I figured since they listed it as active inventory they would have it.

I checked my parts and I just have an extra pad without the bracket.

Cheers.

Richard

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
I just checked with a contact that I have with Kawasaki Canada and he says the number is still available. Would take a couple weeks for him to get it. PM me if interested.

·
RRRRRR
3,587 Posts
I just checked with a contact that I have with Kawasaki Canada and he says the number is still available. Would take a couple weeks for him to get it. PM me if interested.
exactly.....thanks for helping out. Glad you got my point. Kdealer tells us that its cancelled and NLA in our country, and nla from Japan, it doesn't mean it isn't in another country stocking whse.

Thanks for helping out another brother.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Old thread but I'm looking looking for one too, I was able to score a cheap zx7r tail. If they are unavailable is there a solution anyone has figured out?

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
I will check Kawasaki Canada again next week. I was able to source 3 last time. Maybe if they are available, I should stick up? LOL.

·
Registered
419 Posts
How close is that bracket to a RR bracket. I know the RR bracket is also not available this is for my own information as down the road fabricating one up for a K model.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I may have access to a cnc cutting machine at my school I can probably use it if someone has any desire to make up some dxf files

1 - 20 of 35 Posts