Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Wouldn't mind some input.

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  maxxTraxx 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I'm nick. I'm new to the ZX forums but figured why not ask the guys that ride what i'm looking to get. I currently ride an suzi SV1000S. I love it. But I'm debating on comiiting it solely to track sometime in the future. My question, is What do any of you that own a ZX-12R think of it. My stats, i'm a big guy so the SV does fit me pretty comfy. I'm 6'7" tall and my weight is in the 340lbs area. I often go to local dealers and check out different bikes. Of course their salesmen are always trying to get me on a busa... not for me. But i do think the ZX-12r is a beautiful bike! And i haven't been able to find on lately just to sit on. I'm curious how is it in the canyons if anyone rides there. My SV i love when i take it local riding... but i'm looking for sometihng to commute on and have a bit of fun. So any and all input would be great!! This is gonna be my third bike, i start a year ago on a GS 500, then instantly realized i was to big for that and got my SV. Now after 19000 miles i'm just looking towards the future.. Thanks a bunch guys.. be safe!

#2 ·
the 12 will fit ya fine... but with ya weight you will need to upgrade the suspension, especially of ya canyon carviing at a good click..

and of course the normal mods fullsystem,filters, 180 or 190 rear tire pc3usb with a custom map... and the beast will be unleashed

#4 ·
wow, 6'7"! yes, i think the 12 is a good fit for you. i'm 6'1" and its (for a sport bike) pretty darn comfy. i changed out the stock grips for some gel ProGrips and that helped my wrists. i'm 36 and getting a little rusty after 20 odd years of riding...

the seat is a little high for most ppl, but it should fit you great. i would recommend upgrading the brakes as for your weight the brakes might not be strong enough to give you real confidence in an emergency situation.

have fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.