Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

Would you purchase a brand new '07 ZX6R?

• Yes, I would

Votes: 62 66.0%
  • No, I would not

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 7 7.4%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By now just about every kawi fan knows most of the details involving the ZX6R. The power, handling, braking, styling, and even a couple of the bugs that has cropped up on a very small % of bikes. If you are a current owner and could make your decision again, would it be different? If you are a potential buyer in the near future, would it be your bike of choice? If you have something good:thumbup to say, lets hear it. If you have something negative:rant , thats cool too. As always all opinions are welcomed.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would buy one for sure and plan on doing so later on when I can get the money up for a track only bike. Just look at what is winning the races this year. Roger Hayden is whopping that ass on the ZX-6R!!

My only thing would be to buy one after april 2007 manufacturing date due to the problems some are having pre that date.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine was a last minute purchase. A friend told me about a good deal on them on the Tuesday and by the Saturday I'd bought one!

From that perspective I can be very subjective in my answer as I didn't covert a ZX-6R in the first place and wasn't actually looking to change my bike at that point in time.

So would I buy one again having owned this one - abso-bloody-lutely!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've been scouring the forums since before the 07 was released. I've read a shatload of threads, countless stories, watched youtube videos, whatever...I'm still absolutely aching to get mine. If it has an issue, I'll get it fixed and get back on the road. Everyone knows what defect to look for, and there's a known solution, so I'm not really worried about what date I get either.

·
Registered
34 Posts
yes i would buy one again and why would you really need a zx10 or zx12 i think there kind of a waste of money i have riddin them i and do like the power but so far i have not had a 10 or 12 show me up on a road race yet

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am a little undecided would love to own a FI bike but for a few thousand more why wouldn't you buy a ZX10R or ZX12R.
I thought real hard about the 10. They are a little more hungry on rear tires, gas, and insurance. Of course it would be nice to roll on power wheelies at will. I am kind of hoping kawi will come out w/ a 800 to bridge the gap.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am a little undecided would love to own a FI bike but for a few thousand more why wouldn't you buy a ZX10R or ZX12R.

why do you need anything more than a 600 supersport? they have more than enough power and there aren't too many people who can ride them like they were built for.

my view point is (and this is not meant to offend anyone), until i can ride a 600SS to its full potential, i will not get anything higher.

·
Registered
58 Posts
sorry guys...........i know yall gonna hate me .
but i m not too faund of the 07's.
i m a big fan of the 05 06 's
they are stronger and they don't look gay from the front; i think it s headlights or something
the only thing i like in the 07's is the tail

·
Registered
101 Posts
It's all about the fun factor for me.

12R is brutally powerful and great if you want to eat up the miles but not a scratchers tool. 10R handles really well but demands constant respect and restraint if you don't want it to bite you.

The 6R is the best handling bike I've ever ridden (straight from the crate) and whilst it'll make you pay if you're an ass you can use more of it more of the time. You can take liberty's on it that you wouldn't get away with on a 10R. It's a real riders machine that demands more from you to get the best from it and therefore is more rewarding to ride most of the time. Sure it's a little down on grunt but then how often can you REALLY use anything more?

This is the smallest capacity machine I've owned in well over 10 years and it's reminded me why I started riding in the first place - the grin factor :crazyloco Coming from a '91 ZXR I'm sure you wouldn't be dissapointed if you tried one.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I know they rule on the track, but I'm a street rider. On the street I like bigger bikes and more CC's.

·
Registered
381 Posts
they are stronger and they don't look gay from the front; i think it s headlights or something
+1 +1 +1 +1

·
Registered
494 Posts
Really? If the '07's looked the same as the 05/06's I would have stuck with my Honda. I just don't like the way the old Ninja's look. That's the great thing about bikes though, we don't all have to like the same stuff.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I wish the headlights on the 07 were sized more like the Y2K- thats my only style beef with the 07. Conventional wisdom is bikes from 05 to 06 were pretty much rip offs of yamahas front end (which in turn was a lift from ducati).

·
Registered
191 Posts
yea syrinx is right. I was at one point absolutley in LOVE with the 05-06 front end. Then I hated the new 07. Then I absolutley fell in LOVE with the 07, but still like the 05-06 pretty cool.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts