Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed lately (around where I live anyway) that some car dealerships are getting into selling motorcycles in a big way. Also, there's some advertising, print & TV, that combines cars & bikes in the same ad. Suzuki & Honda are the primary ones - for now. The ones I've been into have limited stock in bikes & virtually no accessories or gear. Not sure what they're doing about mechanics to work on bikes. Don't know if I would feel good about buying a bike from a car dealer mostly because of all the other backup stuff.
Anyone else noticed this lately :headscratch

·
Registered
449 Posts
When the price is right...BUY IT! Be sure to look for factory gaskets(watch for RTV) and non-murdered engine bolts. just look with a close eye.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pastorrikk1; These aren't used bikes these car dealers are selling, it's the new models the whole line. One large dealer in my town has already closed up. He carried: Honda; Suzuki & Yamaha. He was left only with Yamaha & couldn't make a go of it. Like TMP said, I would want to support a bike dealer if I had the choice. What concerns me is that choice not being available if the trend continues because it includes the ATV stuff as well so how's a dealer going to make a living. Maybe I'm just parinoid but I don't want some guy screwing with my bike who just put a muffler on a civic :eek:hno At least Kawi doesn't make cars so maybe we're O.K.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Greenie, in that case a new machine is indeed a new machine covered under factory warranty. I would think they have factory trained techs there.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Definately not!!! They will never be passionate about Motorcycles! They only do it for the money!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts