Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The idea: a motard for someone's first bike - is this a bad idea? They are fun to ride, they would suck for any long trips, but good be for someone to learn on, tool around town, go back and forth to work, that kind of stuff...is it doable to have a motard as a first bike? Isnt the suspension forgiving enough? The ergo's would make someone learn in more of an upright positition?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would love to have a motard now, I have never even dot to ride one but would guess it would be like riding one of my dirt bikes with more of a dual sport set up.

·
Registered
19 Posts
motards would be the safest bet for fist time road use. especially if youve grown up on a dirt track. free motard traing in jacksonville, florida. byob

·
Registered
990 Posts
Never ridden a motard but the nearest were Yam DT250 & Suz TS125 trailies.

Great for the urban commute & loads of fun, even with trials tyres on tarmac, lean angles on a par with anything else I rode at the time. Used the TS in snow when roads were too tricky for cars & other bikes :lol

For a first bike I should think a motard would be really easy.:smile

An upright riding position long distance would soon build up the neck muscles.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i learnt how to ride a bike on a road legal 125 dirt bike.. owned that for a few months then went and bought a RGV which is a bit of a change in style, speed ect. all i had to do was to learn how to ride a sports bike, in that i mean taking a corner is alot different ect.

Leigh

·
Premium Member
4,288 Posts
I think so, a beginner should limit themself to short rides anyway due to fatige and they are a lot of fun plus easy to control, also people who are a little shorter may find it easer to touch the ground.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The motard trend is a good place for the beginner to start. When you go to a beginner’s safety class a lot of the bikes are older duel sports.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts