Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasup guys,
So this is what's going on.

I'm making my next year mods list for my lady in Red.

So far i have the Akrapovic , fender eliminator , Double bubble puig dark smoke ,
Frame and swing arm sliders combo.

Are these next mods worthy?

PCIII
rear sets
Pazzo levers

What else?:headscratch

Franco

·
Registered
488 Posts
swing arm extentions and a lil lowering u wanna keep that front tire on the ground, im puerto rican so we lower everything! lol oh yeah and im in NY for the rest of the week on vacation!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hehe
Im dominican and yes we do lower everything.
Ask my car how low she is..
:D

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
oh yeah and im in NY for the rest of the week on vacation!
Do you have your bike here?
The weather sucks these days but for a fellow 6R rider any ride at any time.:crazyloco
Let me know

·
Registered
443 Posts
PCIII is a must have :crazyloco I believe an aftermarket air filter was already mentioned but here are a few more that come to mind:

Sprocket conversion kit
Dyno Jet Quick shifter
Power Commander Ignition Module or TRE

Note: I'm not putting you down or doubting your riding ability but the above mods along with the mods you already have done (as you probably already know) significantly increases the performance of any bike to another level. Just a reminder not just to you but to everyone to be safe and wear your gears. :smile

OKay.... enough of the fatherly advise. Get those mods on ASAP and see what that bike can really do!!!! :crazyloco :crazyloco :evil

·
Registered
462 Posts
Has anybody put some more competition oriented rubber on a bike before? Everyones listing all these flashy (and cool) mods that will shave nanoseconds for ET's and fractions of a second from lap times but tires can do all that for cheap. Rider schools as always will improve you, which is way more important than the bike. Has anyone ever heard of Pilot Power's? Greatest rubber hand's down, would buy a pair before anything else.

·
Registered
275 Posts
not a big deal but i prefer the light smoke puig DB, it says zx6r on it. The light smoke is the only one that says that. the other ones are just plain

·
Registered
526 Posts
not a big deal but i prefer the light smoke puig DB, it says zx6r on it. The light smoke is the only one that says that. the other ones are just plain
im sure u can get some decals somewhere.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Has anybody put some more competition oriented rubber on a bike before? Everyones listing all these flashy (and cool) mods that will shave nanoseconds for ET's and fractions of a second from lap times but tires can do all that for cheap. Rider schools as always will improve you, which is way more important than the bike. Has anyone ever heard of Pilot Power's? Greatest rubber hand's down, would buy a pair before anything else.
Yes, we just put the Pilot Powers on the ZX10, very impressed, but I put the POWER RACE (Soft compound) on the ZX6R and they are like glue when they heat up!!

I personally didn't find the OEM Bridgestone BT015's that bad and could easily run them to the lip if warmed up!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Yes, we just put the Pilot Powers on the ZX10, very impressed, but I put the POWER RACE (Soft compound) on the ZX6R and they are like glue when they heat up!!

I personally didn't find the OEM Bridgestone BT015's that bad and could easily run them to the lip if warmed up!

Tires are like vagina's, we all have our favorites.

Street Corsa III, track new supercorsa was racetec prior.

Nice read on some DOT race rubber.

http://www.zinio.com/express2?issue=206338267

·
Registered
494 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't bother to install a PCIII until you're done with the engine. Read - I would get a K&N airfilter at the same time, then take the bike to a shop with a dyno and have them tune it for you.

The PCIII allows you to modify the fuel map for the bike. As you're running right now, it's probably a little lean, which can potentially burn up a valve, or hole a piston if left that way too long. Lean = hot.

If you buy a "pre-programmed PCIII" then it's just a rough guess as to what the map should look like based on the mods you have. You might gain performance, you might lose it. Depends how close the guess was.

If you get a custom map made now before you install the air filter, then you will need to get another one done after you install the air filter.

With running the aftermarket exhaust right now, I would suggest you get the PCIII and air filter done ASAP. Like I said, you're probably running lean, and this can damage the engine in the long run.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Sev ..
Sorry my ignorance ..if we change the aftermarket exhaust system or KNN filter .. Is a must to have PCIII?

Let say I change to aftermarket exhaust and perform dyno ... Is it sufficient?

·
Registered
494 Posts
Sev ..
Sorry my ignorance ..if we change the aftermarket exhaust system or KNN filter .. Is a must to have PCIII?

Let say I change to aftermarket exhaust and perform dyno ... Is it sufficient?
All a dyno will do is tell you what the hp/torque of your bike is afterwards (and possibly air/fuel mix if it has an exhaust gas analyzer). It doesn't allow you to alter the air/fuel map of the bike in order to account for the increased airflow through the engine.

Hmmm, look at it this way, on a carbed bike you would increase the size of the jets in order to get the correct air/fuel ratio. You cannot change the jets on a FI bike. You need to change the fuel map. The Power Commander is the tool for doing this. It's also possible to modify the ECU with aftermarket tunes, but a power commander is the safer easier option, and it can easily be undone.

You could technically run a bike with aftermarket can and air filter... but you won't be running as well as you could. You're going to be lean, and backfiring a lot as a result. It could also potentially result in heat damage to the engine.

Does that make sense?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.