Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at buying this bike and the guy said he isnt firm.
Needs some misc parts, caliper , ecm and plastic.

Was thinking of restoring this. But not sure if its worth the money.
He said the motor runs great but i will not be able to start it because of the ecm missing. Are these easy to get parts for still? Im going to look at it tommrow.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/csw/mcy/2888749363.html

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
You might be able to part it out and make a small profit.
The no title issue is a problem. you do not know what your are buying. And you can't start it either? Red flag !!! I wouldn't touch it for more than $250.00. There must be a reason he's selling this bike so cheap.

·
Banned
3,608 Posts
You're gonna have a lot in body work money wise. I have some spare plastics but they all need work. I paid $150 for a non running rolling chassis, and have since then spent almost $3k on my 89. The fact that there is no title bothers me, but if it's for track use go for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think maybe ill just pass on it. No title, and not being able to hear it run or go through the gears is a big mystery. Could turn into a big money pit. Thanks for everyone's replys, i appreciate it!

·
Registered
50 Posts
live dangerously dude, I picked my 90 up for $60 with no title and have put about $700 to get it where it is today. I just put my ten-thousand mile on the bike in less then a year and its still runnin bitchin give him a low ball offer! You wont regret it they are an awesome bike
When I bought it

Now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts