Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys
i have a problem, went to start the bike today after the xmas break, she wont go. i get the normal servo noise from under the seat and clocks do there check. then when pressing the button and i get i loud buzzing from the starter soliniod by the left hand side of the seat. servo the moves again but nothing else. she will bump start no probs. battery is fully charged.
any ideas.
thanks
nige

·
Registered
990 Posts
Check the state of the solenoid fuse. On the 500 they get corroded very easily, especially with the climate in these parts.

Check all battery connections & earths are clean & tight.

Also have you checked the voltage on the battery? Is it at least 12.5V? Ideally 13.5V

·
Registered
381 Posts
definately triple check your battery alot of the new computerized fuel injection want to see at least 13 volts cranking before they will even think about letting an injector fire. If your battery wont hold a load on a load tester, shit can it and try again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
going to swap the battery out this morning after testing been on the optimate all night. cheers for your help.
nige

·
Registered
990 Posts
Assuming all the connections are clean & tight, if you don't mind making sparks (take care how you do it) try shorting out the main solenoid terminals. If it starts okay you probably need a new solenoid or the fuse/wiring needs looking at.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi just back from the battery shop. it was dead, at least 2 dead cells. not fitted to bike yet but hopeful thats what it was.
thanks for all your input

1 - 7 of 7 Posts