Kawasaki Ninja ZX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Im new to forums and also a new rider and have never owned a bike until now. I recently purchased a 06 zx6r and have only ridden the bike a few times. Im having issues though for the last few days the bike tends to ride fine for the first 15-20 min i do let it warm up before i start to ride but after those 15-20 min the bike does not want to rev past 4k under load. When the bike is in N i can hit the throttle up to 15k if i wanted to. This issue started when i filled the tank up for the fist time after having it sit a month. I also purchased injector and fuel cleaner made by lucas and drove the bike for about an hour with a half tank but there was no change. Im getting kind of worried now please help. If there's anyone with any suggestions or with a fix please let me know.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
take if for a ride and when your bike starts to bog down, stop and open up your gas cap and see what happens. you may have a blocked vent line causing a negative pressure in the tank restricting fuel flow. just a thought

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
pull the cap apart, they are usually under there, depends on the bike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts